How to remove (uninstall) Infosurf (removal guide) - tips from Averina.com
What Is Infosurf?
Infosurf is malicious software often called adware. Once adware is installed automatically it will set a new home page in browser and add various annoying ads to it. Since this harmful app is located in the registry it’s not that simple thing to uninstall this adware on your PC. People usually get such malware in the package with free applications or with torrents from sites they are not sure about. Frankly speaking, it is another way to get more money for certain owners of websites – they merely add malware into the file of installation and publish it. A file downloader is an application that provides you with the needed file, nevertheless it also installs various offers that are well-known to all users: bad software with annoying advertisement popping up in a browser window, links with bad redirections, apps that change browser starting page and so forth. Not to exaggerate, Infosurf is a realy malicious application.
How to remove Infosurf Easily
There are several ways to uninstall Infosurf from the system. You are welcome to read the page entirely and perform the needed way of removal. If we speak about the most effective and the quickest method of removal, so I should say about the software that will solve the problem. As many specialists say, it is better to download and run special Infosurf Removal Tool. Removal software that was released especially for a separate kind of computer infections is the most active. It is also possible to download any other antivirus tool that has Infosurf in the base of its signatures. The antivirus software that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and remove Infosurf 100%, you can get it using this download button.
- It removes Infosurf right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Infosurf removing
Step 1. Uninstall Infosurf from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Infosurf in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Infosurf from your browser
Remove Infosurf from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Infosurf” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Infosurf removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Infosurf from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Infosurf removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Infosurf from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Infosurf removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Infosurf from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Infosurf?
Below you can see some tips that will help you avoid Infosurf installation and issues with browser. Feel free to share those suggestions with your family and friends since they will definitely help you keep the PC protected from Infosurf and any other malware:
- Don’t install software of dubious origins especially if you got them from the web pages you don’t know. People often commit the common mistake and get the needed application. However, later this program turns out to be dangerous.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! When a web page looks malicious – for instance, it works too slowly or there are too many colorful banners – we advise you to close it immediately. And remember to check your PC after that!
- Keep attention during the the whole process of installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all things that are not relevant and you don’t want to install.
- Even if you don’t remember having downloaded any software it would be reasonable to scan your system for viruses and malicious software at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||59,8%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||13,9%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||52,3%|
|Free Antivirus removal||42,8%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||82,8%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||7,8%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||9,1%|
100% Infosurf Removal
Spyhunter is an incredibly powerful malware eliminator which permanently removes all kinds of malicious applications and even the apps that are invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be helpful if you did not remove Infosurf yourself. It provides the best safety of your system because it gets daily upgrade of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall Infosurf (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab