How to remove (uninstall) Internet Speed Tester effectively - tips from Averina.com
What Is Internet Speed Tester?
Internet Speed Tester is a dangerous advertising program. Once adware is automatically installed it will set a new home page in browser and bring lots of annoying ads to it. It could be a great challenge to completely delete this virus because its files are stored in the PC registry. This malware is usually downloaded in the bunch with some free software, torrent files, unofficial patches for video games and other shareware files. Owners of websites from time to time attempt to earn that way by embedding malicious software into the archive with an application that will be downloaded by visitors. A downloader is an application that provides you with the necessary file, however it also brings different ad offers which are well-known to all users: unneeded software with irritating advertisement popping up in a browser, links with bad redirections, applications setting a new browser homepage and so on. By the way, Internet Speed Tester is true malware.
How to remove Internet Speed Tester Easily
There are numerous techniques to uninstall Internet Speed Tester from your system. It is better to look through the guide completely and choose the effective method. Speaking about the facilest and the fastest way of removal, so I should notice the utilities that will solve the problem. As many specialists say, the best way is to install and launch effective Internet Speed Tester Removal Tool. Removal application that was written for a individual class of computer infections is the most efficient. You are welcome also to run any other antimalware that has Internet Speed Tester in the base of its signatures. The antivirus software that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall Internet Speed Tester completely, you are welcome to install it clicking this button.
- It removes Internet Speed Tester right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Internet Speed Tester removing
Step 1. Uninstall Internet Speed Tester from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Internet Speed Tester in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Internet Speed Tester from your browser
Remove Internet Speed Tester from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Internet Speed Tester” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Internet Speed Tester removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Internet Speed Tester from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Internet Speed Tester removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Internet Speed Tester from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Internet Speed Tester removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Internet Speed Tester from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Internet Speed Tester?
Below you can see the useful recommendations which will help you prevent Internet Speed Tester installation and browser infection. Don’t hesitate to share those advice with your family and friends just because they will certainly allow you to keep your computer safe and protected from Internet Speed Tester and any other malware:
- Do not install dubious software especially if you got them from the websites you don’t know. People quite often commit the same mistake and download the needed application. However, eventually this downloaded program turns out to be malicious.
- Consider your intuition! When a website looks malicious – for example, it works slowly or it is full of colorful banners – we advise you to leave it. And remember to check your PC for viruses afterwards!
- Stay attentive during the entire process of app installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single window and a single radiobutton. Untick all checkboxes which are not relevant for you and you do not want to install.
- And even if you don’t remember downloading any applications it would be smart to scan your system for adware and viruses once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||71,5%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||45,6%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||62,5%|
|Free Antivirus removal||27,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||82,8%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||2,9%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||2,9%|
How to fully remove Internet Speed Tester
Spyhunter is an incredibly efficient malware uninstaller which easily deletes all types of malware including the programs remaining invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you do not how to delete Internet Speed Tester manually as well. It guarantees the best safety of your computer thanks to regular updates of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall Internet Speed Tester (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab