How to remove (uninstall) Key Surf ads - tips from Averina.com
What Is Key Surf?
Key Surf is malicious advertisement software which can infest your PC. As you let adware install it will set a new home page of your browser and irritate you with ads. Since this malware is located in the registry of your system it’s not that easy to remove this adware from your PC. A typical situation for downloading virus to your PC is cases when you try to download a movie or any other content from from a new source or any other site offering free applications. Frankly speaking, it is another way to earn money for some of owners of websites – they embed malware into the file of installation and publish it. We advise you not to count on download assistants too much – remember that these apps usually do many unwanted things – for instance, from changing the home page in your browser to infesting your system with malware and viruses. Key Surf belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove Key Surf Comfortably
There are numerous techniques to uninstall Key Surf from the system. You are welcome to look through the guide entirely and choose the needed method. Speaking about the easiest and the quickest method of removal, so I should notice the software that will uninstall the undesired program. According to my experience, it is better to install and use effective Key Surf Removal Tool. Removal program that was written especially for a separate class of viruses is the most active. It is also possible to use any other antivirus software that has Key Surf in the base of its signatures. The removal tool that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall Key Surf absolutely, you can install it using this button.
- It removes Key Surf right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Key Surf removing
Step 1. Uninstall Key Surf from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Key Surf in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Key Surf from your browser
Remove Key Surf from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Key Surf” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Key Surf removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Key Surf from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Key Surf removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Key Surf from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Key Surf removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Key Surf from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Key Surf?
Below you can see some tips which would help you prevent installation of Key Surf and issues with browser. Don’t hesitate to share our tips with your friends and family members since they will really allow you to keep your PC protected from Key Surf and other malicious software:
- Do not install software of dubious origins especially if you got them from the web pages you do not know well. People quite often commit the same mistake and download the program they were looking for. However, later this downloaded program turns out to be malicious.
- Consider your intuition! If a website looks malicious – for example, it works slowly or it is literally made of bright banners – we recommend you to leave it immediately. And remember to scan your computer for viruses!
- Be attentive during the entire process of software installation. Try not to miss a single line and a single checkbox. Uncheck all things which are unneeded for you and you don’t want to install.
- Even in case if you do not remember downloading any software it would be reasonable to scan your computer for viruses every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||73,9%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||39,5%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||0,9%|
|Free Antivirus removal||27,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||89,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||7,8%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||2,9%|
100% Key Surf Removal
Spyhunter is the most powerful eliminator of malware which quickly removes all types of malicious applications including those which remain invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you failed to delete Key Surf manually as well. It provides the best level safety of your PC due to daily upgrade of the base of signatures.
How to uninstall Key Surf (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab