How to remove (uninstall) Magnitude easily - tips from Averina.com
What Is Magnitude?
Magnitude is malicious software belonging to adware. As you let adware install it will change the home page in your browser and irritate you with advertisement. Since this malware is stored in the system registry it could be not that easy to uninstall this adware on your computer. A habitual situation for obtaining virus to your computer is when you try to download a song or any other content from torrents or any other resource offering free applications. People who own websites from time to time try to do content monetization in such a bad way by adding malware into the archive with an app that is downloaded by users. A downloader is an app that provides a user with the needed file, but it also brings various ad offers that are well-known to all users: malware with annoying ads popping up in a browser window, redirected links, applications that change browser starting page and so on. Not to exaggerate, Magnitude is a realy malicious application.
How to remove Magnitude Simply
There are a lot of methods to remove Magnitude from the system. It is better to look through the page entirely and use the needed way of removal. Speaking about the facilest and the promptest method of removal, so I should say about the software that will solve the problem. According to my experience, it is better to download and run efficient Magnitude Removal Tool. Removal program that was released especially for a single kind of computer infections is the most effective. You can also download any other antimalware that has Magnitude in the signature base. The antimalware that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall Magnitude completely, you can get it clicking this button.
- It removes Magnitude right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Magnitude removing
Step 1. Uninstall Magnitude from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Magnitude in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Magnitude from your browser
Remove Magnitude from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Magnitude” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Magnitude removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Magnitude from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Magnitude removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Magnitude from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Magnitude removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Magnitude from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Magnitude?
Here you will see some recommendations which will help you prevent installation of Magnitude and issues with browser. Feel free to show those suggestions with your family and friends just because they will definitely allow you to keep your PC secured from Magnitude and any other malicious software:
- Don’t install dubious software especially if you found them from the web pages you do not know well. People often make the common mistake and download the program they were searching for. However, eventually this program appears to be malicious.
- Listen to your intuition! If a web page looks malicious – for example, it functions slowly or it is literally made of bright banners – we recommend you to close it. And remember to check your computer for viruses afterwards!
- Keep attention during the the whole process of software installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single window and a single checkbox. Uncheck all checkboxes which are unneeded for you and you don’t want to install them.
- And even in case if you do not recall downloading any applications it would make sense to inspect your system for viruses and malicious software every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||72,2%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||45,6%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||63,1%|
|Free Antivirus removal||63,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||95,8%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||4,9%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||4,0%|
100% Magnitude Removal
Spyhunter is an incredibly efficient malware eliminator which easily removes all kinds of adware and malware including the apps remaining invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be helpful if you did not uninstall Magnitude manually as well. It provides the best safety of your computer because it downloads regular upgrade of the base of signatures.
How to uninstall Magnitude (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab