How to remove (uninstall) MapsVoyage easily - tips from Averina.com
What Is MapsVoyage?
MapsVoyage is a harmful advertising application. After installation this virus immediately changes the home page and creates ads. It’s a great challenge to completely delete this virus as its components and files are installed to the system registry. A typical situation for downloading virus to to the computer is cases when you try to download a movie or anything else from a torrents website or any other website with free applications. Website owners from time to time attempt to monetize content in such a bad way by adding malicious software into the archive with an application downloaded by users. A file downloader is an app providing you with the necessary file, but it also installs different ad offers which are well-known to users: unneeded software with irritating pop-up ads in a browser window, links with bad redirections, apps that change homepage in the browser and so on. MapsVoyage belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove MapsVoyage Comfortably
There are a lot of methods to uninstall MapsVoyage from the computer. You are welcome to look through the page completely and use the effective way of removal. Speaking about the most effective and the quickest way of removal, so I should say about the programs that will uninstall the undesired adware. According to my experience, the best way is to find and launch efficient MapsVoyage Removal Tool. Removal software that was released for a individual kind of viruses is the most active. You can also run any other antimalware that has MapsVoyage in the signature base. The removal tool that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall MapsVoyage absolutely, you can get it clicking this button.
- It removes MapsVoyage right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual MapsVoyage removing
Step 1. Uninstall MapsVoyage from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain MapsVoyage in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall MapsVoyage from your browser
Remove MapsVoyage from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “MapsVoyage” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use MapsVoyage removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall MapsVoyage from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use MapsVoyage removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall MapsVoyage from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use MapsVoyage removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall MapsVoyage from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from MapsVoyage?
Below you will see some tips that would help you avoid installation of MapsVoyage and browser infection. Don’t hesitate to show those advice with your friends and family members since they will definitely allow you to keep your computer safe and protected from MapsVoyage and other malicious software:
- Do not install software of dubious origins especially if you found them from the web pages you do not know well. People often commit the common mistake and download the app they need. However, later this program appears to be malicious.
- Listen to your intuition! When a website seems to be suspicious – for example, it functions too slowly or there are too many bright banners – we advise you to leave it. And don’t forget to check your computer for viruses afterwards!
- Stay attentive during the entire process of software installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single window and a single checkbox. Untick all things which are irrelevant and you do not want to install.
- And even if you don’t remember having downloaded any software it would make sense to scan your system for viruses and malicious software every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||88,8%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||19,8%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||0,9%|
|Free Antivirus removal||63,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||79,2%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||7,8%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,9%|
Complete removal of MapsVoyage
Spyhunter is the most efficient malware uninstaller which easily and quickly removes all kinds of malicious applications and even the apps which remain invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you did not uninstall MapsVoyage yourself. It guarantees the highest level of safety of your computer because it downloads daily updates of the base of signatures.
How to uninstall MapsVoyage (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab