How to remove (uninstall) Meteorname.pro adware - tips from Averina.com
What Is Meteorname.pro?
Meteorname.pro is a harmful advertising application. After installation process is over this virus immediately changes your home page and creates ads. As this harmful app is located in the registry of your system it’s not that simple thing to delete this adware from your computer. This application is typically downloaded with some free programs, torrent files, different patches for computer games and any other shareware files. Frankly speaking, it is another way to earn money for some owners of websites – they add dangerous software into the file of installation and publish it. A downloader is an app that provides a user with the necessary file, nevertheless it also brings various ad offers which are well-known to all users: malware with annoying advertisement popping up in a browser window, link redirections, apps changing browser homepage etc. By the way, Meteorname.pro is true malware.
How to remove Meteorname.pro Simply
There are numerous techniques to uninstall Meteorname.pro from the computer. It is better to read the page entirely and use the effective way of removal. If we speak about the most effective and the quickest way of removal, so I should say about the software that will solve the problem. According to my experience, it is better to find and use efficient Meteorname.pro Removal Tool. Removal software that was created especially for a separate kind of malware is the most efficient. You can also install any other antivirus software that has Meteorname.pro in the signature base. The antivirus software that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall Meteorname.pro 100%, you are welcome to download it using this download button.
- It removes Meteorname.pro right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Meteorname.pro removing
Step 1. Uninstall Meteorname.pro from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Meteorname.pro in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Meteorname.pro from your browser
Remove Meteorname.pro from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Meteorname.pro” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Meteorname.pro removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Meteorname.pro from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Meteorname.pro removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Meteorname.pro from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Meteorname.pro removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Meteorname.pro from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Meteorname.pro?
Below you will see the useful recommendations which will help you avoid installation of Meteorname.pro and issues with browser. Feel free to send those tips with your friends and family members since they will certainly help you keep your computer secured from Meteorname.pro and any other malware:
- Don’t install dubious software especially if you got them on the websites you don’t know. People quite often make the same mistake and download the needed application. However, later this program turns out to be dangerous.
- Listen to your intuition! When a website seems to be malicious – for instance, it works slowly or there are too many colorful banners – we advise you to close it. And remember to scan your PC for viruses!
- Stay attentive during the all installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single window and a single checkbox. Untick all checkboxes that are unneeded and you do not want to install them.
- Even if you do not remember having downloaded anything it would make sense to scan your system for viruses and malicious software once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||66,2%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||84,6%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||63,1%|
|Free Antivirus removal||42,8%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||98,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,2%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,9%|
Complete removal of Meteorname.pro
Spyhunter is an incredibly efficient malware uninstaller which easily and quickly deletes all kinds of adware and malware and even the programs that are invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be helpful if you did not manage to remove Meteorname.pro manually as well. It guarantees the best level safety of your system thanks to daily updates of the signature base.
How to uninstall Meteorname.pro (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab