How to remove (uninstall) Multy Search adware - tips from Averina.com
What Is Multy Search?
Multy Search is a malicious app that belongs to adware applications. As you agree to install this virus it will set a new home page of the browser and drive you mad with advertisement. Virus components are saved into the registry thus it appeares to be not easy to uninstall this app. People typically get such harmful app in the package with various free applications or with torrent files from the places they do not really know. Website owners may attempt to monetize content in such a way and embed malicious software into the installation file of an application downloaded by users. A file downloader is an app providing you with the needed file, however it also installs different offers that are known to all users: unneeded software with irritating pop-up ads in a browser, link redirections, applications that change homepage in the browser etc. Not to exaggerate, Multy Search is a realy malicious application.
How to remove Multy Search Simply
There are numerous ways to remove Multy Search from the system. You can read the article completely and perform the wanted method. Speaking about the facilest and the quickest technique of removal, so I should notice the utilities that will solve the problem. As many specialists say, the best way is to install and use efficient Multy Search Removal Tool. Removal application that was written for a individual type of malware is the most effective. It is also possible to install any other antivirus program that has Multy Search in the signature base. The antivirus software that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall Multy Search absolutely, you are welcome to install it using this download button.
- It removes Multy Search right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Multy Search removing
Step 1. Uninstall Multy Search from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Multy Search in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Multy Search from your browser
Remove Multy Search from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Multy Search” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Multy Search removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Multy Search from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Multy Search removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Multy Search from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Multy Search removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Multy Search from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Multy Search?
Below you can see some useful recommendations which will help you avoid installation of Multy Search and browser infection. Don’t hesitate to show our suggestions with your family and friends as they will definitely allow you to keep the computer secured from Multy Search and other malware:
- Do not install dubious programs especially if you found them from the websites you do not know well. People often commit the same mistake and just download the app they need. Unfortunately, eventually this downloaded program turns out to be dangerous.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! When a web page seems to be malicious – for instance, it works slowly or it is full of bright banners – we advise you to close it immediately. And don’t forget to scan your computer for viruses afterwards!
- Stay attentive during the entire process of app installation. Try not to miss a single line and a single checkbox. Uncheck all boxes that don’t seem relevant for you and you do not want to install them.
- And even in case if you do not recall having downloaded any software it would be smart to inspect your computer for viruses at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||98,6%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||88,2%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||63,1%|
|Free Antivirus removal||45,6%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||89,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,2%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,3%|
How to fully remove Multy Search
Spyhunter is the most powerful malware uninstaller which easily and quickly deletes all types of adware and malware and even those that are invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be helpful if you did not remove Multy Search yourself. It will provide the highest level of protection to your PC due to daily updating of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall Multy Search (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab