How to remove (uninstall) My Map Directions (removal guide) - tips from Averina.com
What Is My Map Directions?
My Map Directions is an advertising app that can cause harm to your computer. As you agree to install this virus it will set another home page of your browser and annoy you with advertisement. Virus elements are saved to the system registry and it appeares to be not an easy thing to remove such an app. A typical situation for getting virus to to the computer is cases when you try to download a program or any other content from from a new source or any other site offering free software. Owners of websites sometimes attempt to do content monetization that way by embedding malicious software into the installation file of a program that is downloaded by visitors. A downloader is an application providing you with the needed file, nevertheless it also installs various offers which are well-known to users: malware with annoying advertisement popping up in a browser window, links with bad redirections, apps setting a new homepage in the browser and so on. By the way, My Map Directions is true malware.
How to remove My Map Directions Easily
There are numerous ways to uninstall My Map Directions from your computer. It is better to examine the article completely and use the wanted way of removal. Speaking about the easiest and the quickest technique of removal, so I should notice the software that will uninstall the unwanted program. As many specialists say, the best way is to find and use special My Map Directions Removal Tool. Removal program that was created for a individual type of viruses is the most effective. You are welcome also to use any other antivirus tool that has My Map Directions in the signature base. The antimalware that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall My Map Directions completely, you are welcome to install it using this download button.
- It removes My Map Directions right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual My Map Directions removing
Step 1. Uninstall My Map Directions from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain My Map Directions in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall My Map Directions from your browser
Remove My Map Directions from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “My Map Directions” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use My Map Directions removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall My Map Directions from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use My Map Directions removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall My Map Directions from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use My Map Directions removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall My Map Directions from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from My Map Directions?
Here you will find the useful recommendations that would help you prevent installation of My Map Directions and browser infection. Don’t hesitate to share those suggestions with your family and friends since they will certainly allow you to keep your computer safe and protected from My Map Directions and any other malicious software:
- Don’t install software of dubious origins especially if you found them from the web pages you do not know well. People often make the same mistake and just download the program they were looking for. However, later this program appears to be dangerous.
- Listen to your intuition! If a website looks suspicious – for example, it works too slowly or it is literally made of colorful banners – we recommend you to leave it. And remember to check your computer after that!
- Keep attention during the entire process of software installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single window and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all checkboxes that are irrelevant and you don’t want to install.
- Even if you do not recall having downloaded any applications it would be reasonable to scan your computer for viruses and malicious software at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||66,2%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||33,8%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||31,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||47,3%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||79,2%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,4%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,9%|
Complete removal of My Map Directions
Spyhunter is probably the most effective malware eliminator that quickly removes all types of malware and even the programs which remain invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be helpful if you did not uninstall My Map Directions manually as well. It guarantees the best level safety of your computer thanks to regular updates of the base of signatures.
How to uninstall My Map Directions (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab