How to remove (uninstall) My-search.site (removal guide) - tips from Averina.com
What Is My-search.site?
My-search.site is an advertising app that can be dangerous to your computer. As adware is installed it will change the browser home page and bring different ads to it. As this malicious app is stored in the system registry it’s not that simple thing to delete this adware on your PC. A habitual situation for getting virus to your computer is cases when you download a movie or other kind of content from from a new source or any other site with free software. Embedding dangerous programs into any type of software builds can be a website owner’s business letting him get more money. We advise you not to rely on file downloaders too much – please remember that they typically do lots of really bad things – for instance, from setting a home page of a browser to infesting your system with adware, malware and even viruses. By the way, My-search.site is true malware.
How to remove My-search.site Comfortably
There are numerous methods to uninstall My-search.site from the computer. You are welcome to examine the article entirely and choose the effective method. If we speak about the easiest and the quickest technique of removal, so I should notice the software that will help. According to my experience, the best way is to find and use effective My-search.site Removal Tool. Removal application that was released especially for a separate class of viruses is the most efficient. It is also possible to use any other antivirus software that has My-search.site in the signature base. The antimalware that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall My-search.site completely, you can install it using this download button.
- It removes My-search.site right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual My-search.site removing
Step 1. Uninstall My-search.site from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain My-search.site in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall My-search.site from your browser
Remove My-search.site from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “My-search.site” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use My-search.site removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall My-search.site from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use My-search.site removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall My-search.site from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use My-search.site removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall My-search.site from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from My-search.site?
Below you will find some tips that will help you avoid My-search.site installation and browser infection. Feel free to show those tips with your friends and family members as they will definitely help you keep your computer protected from My-search.site and other malicious software:
- Don’t install dubious software especially if you got them on the web pages you do not know well. People often make the common mistake and just download the program they were looking for. However, eventually this downloaded program appears to be dangerous.
- Listen to your intuition! When a web page seems to be malicious – for example, it works slowly or it is full of colorful banners – we advise you to leave it immediately. And don’t forget to check your PC after that!
- Keep attention during the entire process of installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single window and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all checkboxes which are not relevant and you do not want to install them.
- And even in case if you do not recall having downloaded anything it would be reasonable to inspect your computer for adware and viruses at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||59,8%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||84,6%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||15,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||45,6%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||82,8%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||2,6%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||9,1%|
100% My-search.site Removal
Spyhunter is an incredibly efficient malware eliminator which quickly removes all types of adware and malware and even the programs remaining invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be helpful if you failed to remove My-search.site yourself. It will provide the best protection to your PC due to regular updates of the signature base.
How to uninstall My-search.site (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab