How to remove (uninstall) My Transit effectively - tips from Averina.com
What Is My Transit?
My Transit is a dangerous adware app. After installation process is over this virus quickly changes the browser home page and generates ads. It’s often a challenge to fully remove this virus as its files are installed to the system registry. A usual situation for downloading virus to your computer is cases when you download a movie or other kind of content from a torrents website or any other website with free software. Website owners from time to time try to do content monetization in such a way by embedding malware into the installation file of an application downloaded by users. A downloader is an app providing a user with the sought file, nevertheless it also installs different offers that are well-known to all users: unneeded software with irritating advertisement popping up in the browser, link redirections, programs changing browser homepage etc. My Transit belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove My Transit Easily
There are several methods to uninstall My Transit from your PC. You can examine the article completely and perform the wanted way of removal. If we speak about the easiest and the quickest method of removal, so I should say about the utilities that will help. According to my experience, it is better to install and use efficient My Transit Removal Tool. Removal program that was created for a individual class of malware is the most effective. You are welcome also to install any other antivirus program that has My Transit in the base of viruses. The antivirus software that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall My Transit absolutely, you can download it using this button.
- It removes My Transit right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual My Transit removing
Step 1. Uninstall My Transit from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain My Transit in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall My Transit from your browser
Remove My Transit from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “My Transit” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use My Transit removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall My Transit from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use My Transit removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall My Transit from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use My Transit removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall My Transit from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from My Transit?
Here you will see the tips which will help you prevent My Transit installation and issues with browser. Don’t hesitate to show those suggestions with your family and friends since they will certainly allow you to keep your computer secured from My Transit and other malware:
- Do not install dubious programs especially if you got them from the web pages you do not know well. People quite often commit the same mistake and get the program they were searching for. Unfortunately, eventually this downloaded program appears to be dangerous.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! When a web page looks suspicious – for instance, it works too slowly or it is full of colorful banners – we recommend you to leave it. And don’t forget to check your computer for viruses afterwards!
- Stay attentive during the entire process of installation. Try not to miss a single line and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all boxes which are irrelevant for you and you don’t want to install them.
- Even in case if you do not recall having downloaded anything it would make sense to scan your computer for viruses once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||76,5%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||44,8%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||63,1%|
|Free Antivirus removal||45,6%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||84,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,4%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,1%|
Complete removal of My Transit
Spyhunter is probably the most effective eliminator of malware which easily and quickly removes all types of malicious applications including the programs which remain invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you did not uninstall My Transit manually as well. It will provide the best level safety of your system thanks to regular updates of the signature base.
How to uninstall My Transit (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab