How to remove (uninstall) My Utility Box adware - tips from Averina.com
What Is My Utility Box?
My Utility Box is a malicious app belonging to advertising software. As you agree to install this virus it will set a new home page in your browser and drive you mad with advertisement. Virus files are saved into the registry thus it turns out to be not an easy task to remove such an application. A habitual example of obtaining virus to your computer is cases when you try to download a program or anything else from a torrents website or any other resource offering free applications. Owners of websites may try to monetize content that way by embedding malicious software to the installation file of an application downloaded by users. We suggest that you not count on file downloaders too much – remember that they usually do a lot of really bad things from setting a home page of a browser to infesting your system with malware and viruses. My Utility Box belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove My Utility Box Easily
There are a lot of methods to uninstall My Utility Box from your PC. You can examine the page completely and perform the wanted way of removal. Speaking about the most effective and the quickest technique of removal, so I should say about the programs that will help. According to my experience, it is better to download and run effective My Utility Box Removal Tool. Removal program that was written for a single kind of computer infections is the most efficient. You are welcome also to run any other antivirus tool that has My Utility Box in the base of viruses. The antivirus software that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will find and remove My Utility Box 100%, you are welcome to get it using this button.
- It removes My Utility Box right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual My Utility Box removing
Step 1. Uninstall My Utility Box from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain My Utility Box in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall My Utility Box from your browser
Remove My Utility Box from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “My Utility Box” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use My Utility Box removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall My Utility Box from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use My Utility Box removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall My Utility Box from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use My Utility Box removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall My Utility Box from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from My Utility Box?
Here you can see some recommendations which will help you prevent installation of My Utility Box and browser infection. Feel free to send those advice with your nearest and dearest as they will definitely allow you to keep the computer safe and protected from My Utility Box and other malware:
- Don’t install software of dubious origins especially if you found them from the websites you don’t know. People quite often commit the same mistake and get the app they need. Unfortunately, eventually this downloaded program appears to be dangerous.
- Consider your intuition! If a website seems to be malicious – for example, it works too slowly or there are too many colorful banners – we recommend you to close it immediately. And remember to scan your computer after that!
- Be attentive during the entire process of app installation. Try not to miss a single line and a single checkbox. Uncheck all boxes which are unneeded for you and you do not want to install.
- And even in case if you do not remember having downloaded any applications it would be reasonable to scan your system for viruses and malicious software every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||98,6%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||88,2%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||55,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||52,6%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||79,2%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,2%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,1%|
How to fully remove My Utility Box
Spyhunter is the most effective malware eliminator that easily deletes all types of malware and even the programs which remain invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you failed to remove My Utility Box manually. It provides the highest level of security to your PC due to daily updates of the signature base.
How to uninstall My Utility Box (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab