How to remove (uninstall) MyWebFace adware - tips from Averina.com
What Is MyWebFace?
MyWebFace is malicious advertisement software that can infest your computer. Once adware is installed automatically it will change the browser home page and add lots of annoying ads to it. As this harmful app is kept in the registry of your system it could be not that easy to delete this adware from your computer. A habitual situation for downloading virus to your computer is when you download a program or other kind of content from torrents or any other site offering free content. Embedding malicious software into various software builds can be a business of a website owner helping him get more. A downloader is an application that provides a user with the needed file, nevertheless it also installs different offers which are known to any user: unneeded software with irritating pop-up ads in a browser window, redirected links, programs changing browser starting page etc. MyWebFace belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove MyWebFace Comfortably
There are several ways to uninstall MyWebFace from the system. You can read the article till the end and use the wanted method. Speaking about the facilest and the fastest technique of removal, so I should notice the software that will help. As many specialists say, it is better to find and launch effective MyWebFace Removal Tool. Removal program that was created for a individual class of computer infections is the most active. It is also possible to install any other antivirus tool that has MyWebFace in the signature base. The antimalware that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and remove MyWebFace completely, you are welcome to download it using this button.
- It removes MyWebFace right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
Manual MyWebFace removing
Step 1. Uninstall MyWebFace from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain MyWebFace in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall MyWebFace from your browser
Remove MyWebFace from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “MyWebFace” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use MyWebFace removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall MyWebFace from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use MyWebFace removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall MyWebFace from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use MyWebFace removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall MyWebFace from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from MyWebFace?
Here you can see some useful recommendations that would help you avoid installation of MyWebFace and issues with browser. Feel free to send our suggestions with your nearest and dearest since they will definitely help you keep the computer safe and protected from MyWebFace and other malicious software:
- Don’t install dubious software especially if you found them from the websites you do not know well. People often commit the common mistake and just download the app they need. Unfortunately, eventually this program turns out to be malicious.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! When a website looks malicious – for example, it works slowly or it is full of bright banners – it is better for you to leave it. And don’t forget to scan your PC for viruses afterwards!
- Be attentive during the the whole process of app installation. Try not to miss a single window and a single radiobutton. Untick all boxes which are irrelevant and you don’t want to install.
- Even if you don’t remember having downloaded any applications it would make sense to scan your computer for adware and viruses at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||88,8%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||44,8%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||52,3%|
|Free Antivirus removal||22,3%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||99,1%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,2%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,0%|
Complete removal of MyWebFace
Spyhunter is the most effective eliminator of malware that quickly deletes all kinds of malware including the programs remaining invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will help if you failed to remove MyWebFace manually as well. It will provide the highest level of protection to your computer due to regular upgrade of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall MyWebFace (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab