How to remove (uninstall) Obituary effectively - tips from Averina.com
What Is Obituary?
Obituary is malicious software belonging to advertising software. Once adware is automatically installed it will change your home page in browser and bring a lot of ads to it. As this malicious app is stored in the registry it could be not that easy to delete this adware from your PC. This malware is often downloaded with free software, torrents, different patches for video games and any other shareware files. Inserting malicious software into different builds could be a website owner’s business helping him earn more money. A file downloader is an app providing you with the sought file, nevertheless it also installs different ad offers which are known to users: unneeded software with annoying pop-up ads in a browser window, link redirections, programs setting a new homepage in the browser and so forth. Not to exaggerate, Obituary is a realy malicious application.
How to remove Obituary Easily
There are many methods to remove Obituary from your system. You are welcome to examine the guide entirely and use the needed way of removal. Speaking about the most effective and the fastest method of removal, so I should say about the utilities that will solve the problem. According to my experience, the best way is to find and launch effective Obituary Removal Tool. Removal application that was created especially for a separate type of computer infections is the most effective. You are welcome also to use any other antivirus software that has Obituary in the base of viruses. The antivirus software that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will find and remove Obituary absolutely, you are welcome to install it using this download button.
- It removes Obituary right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Obituary removing
Step 1. Uninstall Obituary from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Obituary in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Obituary from your browser
Remove Obituary from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Obituary” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Obituary removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Obituary from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Obituary removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Obituary from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Obituary removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Obituary from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Obituary?
Here you can find the recommendations that will help you avoid Obituary installation and issues with browser. Don’t hesitate to share those tips with your friends and family members just because they will definitely help you keep the computer secured from Obituary and other malicious software:
- Don’t install software of dubious origins especially if you found them from the websites you do not know well. People quite often commit the common mistake and download the needed application. Unfortunately, later this downloaded program appears to be dangerous.
- Consider your intuition! If a web page seems to be suspicious – for instance, it functions slowly or there are too many bright banners – we recommend you to leave it. And don’t forget to check your computer after that!
- Be attentive during the all app installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single window and a single checkbox. Untick all boxes which are irrelevant for you and you do not want to install.
- Even in case if you do not remember having downloaded any applications it would be smart to scan your computer for viruses every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||59,8%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||56%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||13,5%|
|Free Antivirus removal||65,4%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||81,5%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||2,6%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||4,0%|
How to fully remove Obituary
Spyhunter is the most efficient malware eliminator which easily deletes all types of malware and even the apps remaining invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be helpful if you failed to uninstall Obituary manually. It will provide the best safety of your computer due to daily upgrade of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall Obituary (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab