How to remove (uninstall) Omni-search.net adware - tips from Averina.com
What Is Omni-search.net?
Omni-search.net is an advertising app which can infest your PC. As adware is automatically installed it will change the browser home page and add lots of annoying ads to it. As this malicious app is located in the registry of your system it is not that simple thing to uninstall this adware from your PC. This malware is typically downloaded together with some free software, torrents, different patches for computer games and any other shareware apps and files. Website owners sometimes attempt to earn in such a bad way and embed malicious software to the archive with an application that will be downloaded by users. We suggest that you not count on download assistants too much – remember that these apps usually do a lot of really bad things from changing the home page of a browser to downloading viruses and malware. Not to exaggerate, Omni-search.net is a realy malicious application.
How to remove Omni-search.net Simply
There are several ways to uninstall Omni-search.net from your computer. You can look through the page till the end and use the effective removal technique. If we speak about the most effective and the quickest method of removal, so I should notice the software that will help. As many specialists say, it is better to install and launch effective Omni-search.net Removal Tool. Removal application that was written especially for a separate kind of viruses is the most efficient. You are welcome also to download any other antimalware that has Omni-search.net in the base of viruses. The removal tool that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will find and remove Omni-search.net absolutely, you are welcome to get it clicking this download button.
- It removes Omni-search.net right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Omni-search.net removing
Step 1. Uninstall Omni-search.net from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Omni-search.net in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Omni-search.net from your browser
Remove Omni-search.net from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Omni-search.net” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Omni-search.net removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Omni-search.net from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Omni-search.net removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Omni-search.net from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Omni-search.net removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Omni-search.net from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Omni-search.net?
Here you can find some tips that would help you avoid installation of Omni-search.net and browser infection. Feel free to show those suggestions with your family and friends just because they will really help you keep your computer safe and protected from Omni-search.net and other malware:
- Don’t install dubious programs especially if you found them on the websites you don’t know. People quite often make the common mistake and just download the app they need. However, eventually this downloaded program appears to be dangerous.
- Listen to your intuition! If a web page looks suspicious – for example, it functions slowly or it is full of colorful banners – we recommend you to close it. And remember to check your PC for viruses afterwards!
- Be attentive during the entire process of installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single radiobutton. Untick all boxes that are unneeded for you and you do not want to install.
- Even in case if you do not recall downloading any software it would be smart to scan your computer for viruses and malicious software every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||66,2%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||13,9%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||42,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||22,3%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||99,1%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||1,2%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||2,3%|
Complete removal of Omni-search.net
Spyhunter is an incredibly efficient malware uninstaller that permanently deletes all types of malicious applications and even the programs that are invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will help if you did not delete Omni-search.net yourself. It guarantees the best safety of your PC because it downloads regular updating of the base of signatures.
How to uninstall Omni-search.net (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab