How to remove (uninstall) Opti-Page.com adware - tips from Averina.com
What Is Opti-Page.com?
Opti-Page.com is malicious advertisement software which can cause harm to your computer. As adware is installed automatically it will change your home page in browser and bring a lot of annoying ads to it. It could be a great challenge to fully remove this virus as its files are stored in the system registry. This software is often downloaded with some free programs, torrents, unofficial patches for PC games and other shareware apps and files. People who own websites sometimes try to monetize content in such a way by adding malicious software to the installation file of a program that will be downloaded by visitors. A file downloader is an application providing you with the sought file, however it also installs various offers that are well-known to any user: unneeded software with annoying ads popping up in the browser, links with bad redirections, apps changing browser homepage and so on. Opti-Page.com belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove Opti-Page.com Easily
There are numerous ways to uninstall Opti-Page.com from the system. You are welcome to look through the guide entirely and perform the needed removal technique. If we speak about the easiest and the fastest method of removal, so I should say about the programs that will solve the problem. According to my experience, the best way is to install and launch special Opti-Page.com Removal Tool. Removal program that was written for a separate kind of computer infections is the most efficient. You are welcome also to run any other antivirus tool that has Opti-Page.com in the base of viruses. The removal tool that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will find and remove Opti-Page.com absolutely, you are welcome to install it using this download button.
- It removes Opti-Page.com right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Opti-Page.com removing
Step 1. Uninstall Opti-Page.com from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Opti-Page.com in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Opti-Page.com from your browser
Remove Opti-Page.com from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Opti-Page.com” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Opti-Page.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Opti-Page.com from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Opti-Page.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Opti-Page.com from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Opti-Page.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Opti-Page.com from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Opti-Page.com?
Here you can find the recommendations that will help you avoid installation of Opti-Page.com and issues with browser. Don’t hesitate to show those advice with your friends and family members as they will certainly allow you to keep the PC secured from Opti-Page.com and other malware:
- Do not install dubious software especially if you found them from the websites you don’t know. People often commit the common mistake and get the needed application. Unfortunately, eventually this program appears to be dangerous.
- Consider your intuition! If a website looks suspicious – for instance, it works too slowly or it is full of bright banners – it is better for you to close it. And remember to scan your PC after that!
- Be attentive during the entire process of installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all boxes that are not relevant and you do not want to install.
- Even if you do not remember having downloaded any applications it would be smart to scan your system for viruses and malicious software every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||98,6%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||13,9%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||62,5%|
|Free Antivirus removal||45,6%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||79,2%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||2,6%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||2,3%|
How to fully remove Opti-Page.com
Spyhunter is an incredibly effective malware eliminator which easily and quickly removes all kinds of adware and malware and even the apps which remain invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will help if you failed to delete Opti-Page.com yourself. It will provide the best protection to your PC because it downloads regular updating of the signature base.
How to uninstall Opti-Page.com (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab