How to remove (uninstall) Opti Page Search adware - tips from Averina.com
What Is Opti Page Search?
Opti Page Search is malicious advertisement software which can be harmful to your PC. After installation process is over this virus changes your home page and brings ad pop-ups. It’s a challenge to entirely delete this virus since its components and files are stored in the PC registry. People usually download such malware with shareware software or with torrent files from sites they are not sure about. People who own websites sometimes try to do content monetization that way and embed malware to the archive with an application downloaded by users. We recommend you not to count on download assistants too much – please remember that they often do many unwanted things from changing a home page of a browser to downloading adware, malware and even viruses. By the way, Opti Page Search is true malware.
How to remove Opti Page Search Comfortably
There are several methods to uninstall Opti Page Search from your PC. You are welcome to examine the article entirely and use the wanted removal technique. Speaking about the facilest and the promptest technique of removal, so I should say about the programs that will delete the undesired software. According to my experience, the best way is to find and run efficient Opti Page Search Removal Tool. Removal software that was released especially for a single kind of viruses is the most efficient. It is also possible to run any other antivirus tool that has Opti Page Search in the base of its signatures. The antivirus software that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will find and remove Opti Page Search absolutely, you can get it using this button.
- It removes Opti Page Search right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Opti Page Search removing
Step 1. Uninstall Opti Page Search from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Opti Page Search in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Opti Page Search from your browser
Remove Opti Page Search from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Opti Page Search” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Opti Page Search removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Opti Page Search from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Opti Page Search removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Opti Page Search from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Opti Page Search removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Opti Page Search from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Opti Page Search?
Below you can find the recommendations which would help you avoid installation of Opti Page Search and browser infection. Don’t hesitate to send those advice with your family and friends since they will definitely help you keep the computer protected from Opti Page Search and other malicious software:
- Do not install software of dubious origins especially if you got them from the websites you do not know well. People quite often make the same mistake and download the program they were searching for. However, later this downloaded program appears to be dangerous.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! When a web page looks malicious – for example, it functions slowly or it is full of colorful banners – we recommend you to close it immediately. And remember to scan your computer after that!
- Keep attention during the all app installation. Try not to miss a single window and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all things which don’t seem relevant for you and you do not want to install.
- Even in case if you do not recall downloading any software it would be smart to scan your computer for viruses and malicious software once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||62,4%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||88,2%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||55,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||32,6%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||82,8%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||7,0%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||9,1%|
Complete removal of Opti Page Search
Spyhunter is an incredibly effective malware eliminator which permanently removes all types of malicious applications including those remaining invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be helpful if you did not manage to delete Opti Page Search manually as well. It guarantees the best level security to your PC due to regular updating of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall Opti Page Search (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab