How to remove (uninstall) OSDSoft adware - tips from Averina.com
What Is OSDSoft?
OSDSoft is malware that belongs to adware applications. As you let adware install it will set another home page of the browser and irritate you with advertisement. It’s a great challenge to completely remove this virus because its components are stored in the registry. This application is often downloaded together with free apps, torrents, unofficial patches for computer games and other shareware files. People who own websites may try to do content monetization in such a way by adding malicious software into the archive with a program downloaded by visitors. A file downloader is an app providing a user with the sought file, nevertheless it also installs different ad offers that are known to any user: malware with annoying ads popping up in a browser, link redirections, apps setting a new homepage in the browser and so on. Not to exaggerate, OSDSoft is a realy malicious application.
How to remove OSDSoft Comfortably
There are numerous ways to uninstall OSDSoft from the PC. It is better to read the guide entirely and use the needed removal technique. If we speak about the most effective and the fastest way of removal, so I should notice the programs that will help. As many specialists say, the best way is to install and run special OSDSoft Removal Tool. Removal software that was created especially for a individual kind of malware is the most active. You are welcome also to download any other antimalware that has OSDSoft in the base of viruses. The antimalware that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and remove OSDSoft 100%, you can download it clicking this download button.
- It removes OSDSoft right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual OSDSoft removing
Step 1. Uninstall OSDSoft from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain OSDSoft in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall OSDSoft from your browser
Remove OSDSoft from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “OSDSoft” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use OSDSoft removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall OSDSoft from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use OSDSoft removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall OSDSoft from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use OSDSoft removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall OSDSoft from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from OSDSoft?
Here you can see the tips which will help you prevent OSDSoft installation and issues with browser. Feel free to show our tips with your friends and family members since they will definitely allow you to keep the PC safe and protected from OSDSoft and any other malware:
- Do not install software of dubious origins especially if you got them from the websites you don’t know. People quite often commit the common mistake and download the program they were searching for. Unfortunately, eventually this downloaded program turns out to be dangerous.
- Consider your intuition! When a website looks suspicious – for example, it functions slowly or it is full of colorful banners – it is better for you to leave it. And remember to scan your computer for viruses afterwards!
- Stay attentive during the the whole process of software installation. Try not to miss a single line and a single checkbox. Uncheck all checkboxes that don’t seem relevant and you don’t want to install them.
- Even in case if you don’t remember having downloaded anything it would be smart to inspect your system for adware and viruses at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||72,2%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||84,6%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||62,5%|
|Free Antivirus removal||45,6%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||99,1%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||7,8%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,3%|
How to fully remove OSDSoft
Spyhunter is probably the most efficient eliminator of malware which easily deletes all kinds of adware and malware including the apps which remain invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will help if you did not delete OSDSoft yourself. It provides the highest level of security to your computer because it downloads daily updating of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall OSDSoft (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab