How to remove (uninstall) PC Speed Care (removal guide) - tips from Averina.com
What Is PC Speed Care?
PC Speed Care is a harmful advertising program. After installation process is over this virus changes the browser home page and brings popping up advertisement. Virus files get to the registry and it turns out to be not an easy thing to uninstall such an application. A habitual example of obtaining virus to your computer is when you try to download a movie or any other content from torrents or any other website offering free applications. Actually, it is another way to earn more money for some owners of websites – they merely add dangerous software into the installation file and thus promote it. A file downloader is an app that provides you with the sought file, nevertheless it also brings various ad offers which are known to all users: bad software with irritating pop-up ads in the browser, link redirections, applications setting a new browser starting page and so on. PC Speed Care belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove PC Speed Care Simply
There are many techniques to uninstall PC Speed Care from your computer. You can examine the page completely and use the effective method. If we speak about the easiest and the fastest way of removal, so I should say about the software that will help. According to my experience, it is better to download and run efficient PC Speed Care Removal Tool. Removal software that was released especially for a separate kind of computer infections is the most active. It is also possible to download any other antivirus software that has PC Speed Care in the base of its signatures. The antivirus software that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and remove PC Speed Care completely, you can download it using this button.
- It removes PC Speed Care right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual PC Speed Care removing
Step 1. Uninstall PC Speed Care from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain PC Speed Care in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall PC Speed Care from your browser
Remove PC Speed Care from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “PC Speed Care” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use PC Speed Care removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall PC Speed Care from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use PC Speed Care removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall PC Speed Care from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use PC Speed Care removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall PC Speed Care from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from PC Speed Care?
Here you will see some tips which would help you avoid installation of PC Speed Care and browser infection. Feel free to send our tips with your nearest and dearest since they will definitely help you keep your computer secured from PC Speed Care and other malicious software:
- Do not install dubious programs especially if you got them on the websites you do not know well. People quite often commit the same mistake and just download the program they were looking for. Unfortunately, eventually this downloaded program appears to be dangerous.
- Consider your intuition! When a website looks suspicious – for example, it functions too slowly or it is literally made of bright banners – it is better for you to leave it. And don’t forget to check your PC for viruses!
- Keep attention during the all installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single checkbox. Untick all things which don’t seem relevant and you do not want to install.
- Even in case if you do not remember having downloaded any software it would be reasonable to inspect your computer for viruses at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||66,2%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||45,6%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||13,5%|
|Free Antivirus removal||52,6%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||89,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||7,8%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||1,3%|
100% PC Speed Care Removal
Spyhunter is probably the most efficient malware uninstaller that easily removes all types of malware and even the apps remaining invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you did not remove PC Speed Care manually as well. It will provide the best safety of your system due to regular updates of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall PC Speed Care (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab