How to remove (uninstall) Phvideo.me (removal guide) - tips from Averina.com
What Is Phvideo.me?
Phvideo.me is a harmful advertising application. Once adware is installed automatically it will change the browser home page and bring a lot of annoying ads to it. It’s a serious challenge to fully delete this virus because its components are stored in the registry. A habitual situation for obtaining virus to your PC is cases when you try to download a movie or other kind of content from from a new source or any other resource offering free content. People who own websites sometimes attempt to do content monetization that way by embedding malicious software to the archive with an application downloaded by visitors. A downloader is an app providing a user with the necessary file, nevertheless it also installs various offers that are known to all users: unneeded software with irritating pop-up ads in a browser, redirected links, applications that change browser starting page and so on. By the way, Phvideo.me is true malware.
How to remove Phvideo.me Simply
There are several methods to uninstall Phvideo.me from the system. You are welcome to examine the page till the end and use the needed method. If we speak about the most effective and the promptest method of removal, so I should notice the utilities that will uninstall the unwanted program. According to my experience, it is better to download and use efficient Phvideo.me Removal Tool. Removal software that was released especially for a single class of computer infections is the most efficient. You can also run any other antivirus software that has Phvideo.me in the base of viruses. The removal tool that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will find and remove Phvideo.me 100%, you can install it clicking this button.
- It removes Phvideo.me right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Phvideo.me removing
Step 1. Uninstall Phvideo.me from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Phvideo.me in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Phvideo.me from your browser
Remove Phvideo.me from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Phvideo.me” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Phvideo.me removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Phvideo.me from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Phvideo.me removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Phvideo.me from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Phvideo.me removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Phvideo.me from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Phvideo.me?
Here you can see the tips that would help you prevent installation of Phvideo.me and issues with browser. Feel free to share those suggestions with your family and friends just because they will definitely help you keep your PC protected from Phvideo.me and any other malware:
- Don’t install software of dubious origins especially if you found them from the websites you don’t know. People often make the same mistake and download the program they were searching for. Unfortunately, eventually this downloaded program appears to be dangerous.
- Consider your intuition! When a website seems to be suspicious – for instance, it works too slowly or it is full of bright banners – it is better for you to leave it immediately. And remember to scan your computer after that!
- Stay attentive during the all app installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single window and a single checkbox. Untick all boxes that don’t seem relevant for you and you don’t want to install.
- And even if you do not recall downloading anything it would be reasonable to scan your system for viruses every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||76,5%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||87%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||62,5%|
|Free Antivirus removal||63,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||99,2%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,8%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||2,9%|
How to fully remove Phvideo.me
Spyhunter is an incredibly powerful eliminator of malware that quickly deletes all types of malware and even the apps that are invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will help if you failed to uninstall Phvideo.me yourself. It will provide the best protection to your system due to regular updates of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall Phvideo.me (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab