How to remove (uninstall) PlayThunder ads - tips from Averina.com
What Is PlayThunder?
PlayThunder is malware that belongs to adware. As you agree to install this virus it will change the home page of the browser and drive you mad with ads. Since this malware is kept in the registry it’s not that easy to remove this adware from your PC. A usual example of downloading virus to your computer is when you download a movie or anything else from a torrents website or any other website offering free applications. Actually, it is another way to get more money for some of website owners – they merely add dangerous software into the installation file and publish it. A file downloader is an app that provides a user with the necessary file, but it also installs various ad offers that are well-known to any user: unneeded software with irritating advertisement popping up in a browser, redirected links, apps changing homepage in the browser and so forth. By the way, PlayThunder is true malware.
How to remove PlayThunder Comfortably
There are a lot of techniques to uninstall PlayThunder from your computer. You can read the page till the end and use the effective way of removal. Speaking about the easiest and the quickest technique of removal, so I should notice the utilities that will solve the problem. As many specialists say, it is better to download and launch efficient PlayThunder Removal Tool. Removal program that was written for a separate kind of malware is the most efficient. It is also possible to install any other antivirus software that has PlayThunder in the signature base. The antimalware that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall PlayThunder 100%, you are welcome to get it clicking this download button.
- It removes PlayThunder right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual PlayThunder removing
Step 1. Uninstall PlayThunder from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain PlayThunder in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall PlayThunder from your browser
Remove PlayThunder from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “PlayThunder” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use PlayThunder removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall PlayThunder from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use PlayThunder removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall PlayThunder from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use PlayThunder removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall PlayThunder from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from PlayThunder?
Here you can see the useful recommendations that would help you prevent installation of PlayThunder and browser infection. Feel free to share our advice with your nearest and dearest as they will really allow you to keep the computer secured from PlayThunder and other malicious software:
- Don’t install software of dubious origins especially if you found them from the web pages you do not know well. People often commit the same mistake and just download the program they were searching for. However, eventually this downloaded program turns out to be dangerous.
- Consider your intuition! If a website seems to be malicious – for example, it functions too slowly or it is literally made of colorful banners – we recommend you to close it. And remember to scan your computer for viruses!
- Be attentive during the entire process of app installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single radiobutton. Untick all things which are unneeded for you and you don’t want to install.
- And even if you don’t remember having downloaded any applications it would make sense to inspect your computer for viruses and malicious software every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||71,5%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||39,5%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||62,5%|
|Free Antivirus removal||47,3%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||89,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||2,6%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,3%|
100% PlayThunder Removal
Spyhunter is the most efficient malware uninstaller that quickly removes all types of malicious applications and even those that are invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be helpful if you did not manage to delete PlayThunder yourself. It will provide the best level security to your PC thanks to regular updating of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall PlayThunder (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab