How to remove (uninstall) Pptsearchengine.net adware - tips from Averina.com
What Is Pptsearchengine.net?
Pptsearchengine.net is an advertising app which can be harmful to your PC. Once adware is automatically installed it will change your browser home page and bring various ads to it. Since this harmful app is stored in the registry it could be not that simple thing to delete this adware from your PC. A typical situation for obtaining virus to to the computer is cases when you download a program or anything else from torrents or any other resource offering free applications. Inserting malware into any type of software builds is probably a business the website owner runs allowing him to earn more money. A downloader is an app providing a user with the sought file, but it also installs different offers that are well-known to users: unneeded software with irritating pop-up ads in a browser, links with bad redirections, applications that change browser homepage etc. Not to exaggerate, Pptsearchengine.net is a realy malicious application.
How to remove Pptsearchengine.net Easily
There are several techniques to uninstall Pptsearchengine.net from the PC. You are welcome to read the page completely and use the effective removal technique. If we speak about the most effective and the fastest method of removal, so I should mention the utilities that will uninstall the undesired adware. As many specialists say, it is better to download and launch effective Pptsearchengine.net Removal Tool. Removal application that was released especially for a individual class of malware is the most efficient. You can also download any other antimalware that has Pptsearchengine.net in the signature base. The antimalware that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall Pptsearchengine.net completely, you can get it clicking this button.
- It removes Pptsearchengine.net right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Pptsearchengine.net removing
Step 1. Uninstall Pptsearchengine.net from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Pptsearchengine.net in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Pptsearchengine.net from your browser
Remove Pptsearchengine.net from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Pptsearchengine.net” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Pptsearchengine.net removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Pptsearchengine.net from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Pptsearchengine.net removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Pptsearchengine.net from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Pptsearchengine.net removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Pptsearchengine.net from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Pptsearchengine.net?
Here you can find some tips which would help you prevent Pptsearchengine.net installation and issues with browser. Feel free to send those advice with your friends and family members as they will certainly allow you to keep your computer protected from Pptsearchengine.net and any other malicious software:
- Do not install software of dubious origins especially if you got them from the websites you do not know well. People often commit the same mistake and get the needed application. Unfortunately, later this downloaded program turns out to be dangerous.
- Consider your intuition! When a website looks suspicious – for instance, it works slowly or it is literally made of bright banners – it is better for you to close it immediately. And don’t forget to check your PC after that!
- Stay attentive during the all installation. Try not to miss a single window and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all checkboxes which are irrelevant and you do not want to install.
- Even in case if you do not remember having downloaded any applications it would be smart to scan your system for viruses at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||98,6%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||87,6%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||86,1%|
|Free Antivirus removal||32,6%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||81,5%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,8%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,3%|
Complete removal of Pptsearchengine.net
Spyhunter is an incredibly powerful eliminator of malware which easily and quickly deletes all kinds of malware including those remaining invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will help if you did not manage to delete Pptsearchengine.net yourself. It guarantees the best level security to your system due to regular upgrade of the signature base.
How to uninstall Pptsearchengine.net (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab