How to remove (uninstall) Prime Info Spot adware - tips from Averina.com
What Is Prime Info Spot?
Prime Info Spot is malicious software that belongs to adware. As you let adware install it will set a new home page of your browser and drive you mad with ads. It’s often a serious challenge to completely delete this virus since its components and files are stored in the registry. This malware is usually downloaded together with free apps, torrent files, unofficial patches for PC games and any other free apps and files. Adding malicious software into any type of software builds is probably a website owner’s business letting him get more. A file downloader is an application providing a user with the sought file, but it also installs different ad offers which are known to all users: unneeded software with irritating advertisement popping up in a browser window, redirected links, programs that change browser starting page and so forth. By the way, Prime Info Spot is true malware.
How to remove Prime Info Spot Comfortably
There are many techniques to uninstall Prime Info Spot from your PC. It is better to look through the page completely and perform the needed removal technique. Speaking about the most effective and the quickest method of removal, so I should mention the utilities that will help. As many specialists say, it is better to download and run effective Prime Info Spot Removal Tool. Removal software that was created for a separate class of computer infections is the most effective. You can also install any other antivirus tool that has Prime Info Spot in the base of its signatures. The antivirus software that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall Prime Info Spot completely, you can download it clicking this download button.
- It removes Prime Info Spot right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Prime Info Spot removing
Step 1. Uninstall Prime Info Spot from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Prime Info Spot in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Prime Info Spot from your browser
Remove Prime Info Spot from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Prime Info Spot” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Prime Info Spot removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Prime Info Spot from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Prime Info Spot removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Prime Info Spot from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Prime Info Spot removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Prime Info Spot from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Prime Info Spot?
Below you can find the useful recommendations that would help you prevent installation of Prime Info Spot and issues with browser. Feel free to send our suggestions with your friends and family members since they will certainly help you keep the PC protected from Prime Info Spot and other malware:
- Do not install software of dubious origins especially if you found them on the web pages you do not know well. People quite often commit the same mistake and download the program they were searching for. However, eventually this program appears to be dangerous.
- Consider your intuition! If a web page seems to be malicious – for instance, it functions slowly or it is literally made of colorful banners – we advise you to close it. And remember to check your computer for viruses afterwards!
- Stay attentive during the all installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single checkbox. Uncheck all things which are not relevant and you do not want to install them.
- Even in case if you do not recall downloading any software it would make sense to scan your system for viruses and malicious software at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||62,4%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||33,8%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||62,5%|
|Free Antivirus removal||23,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||95,8%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||4,4%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||2,3%|
100% Prime Info Spot Removal
Spyhunter is the most efficient malware eliminator that easily removes all types of malware including the programs which remain invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will help if you failed to delete Prime Info Spot yourself. It will provide the highest level of safety of your computer thanks to daily updates of the base of signatures.
How to uninstall Prime Info Spot (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab