How to remove (uninstall) Prime Updater ads - tips from Averina.com
What Is Prime Updater?
Prime Updater is an advertising app which can be dangerous to your computer. After being installed this virus immediately changes the home page and brings popping up advertisement. It’s often a great challenge to fully delete this virus since its components and files are installed to the PC registry. This malicious app is usually downloaded together with free apps, torrent files, various patches for computer games and other free apps and files. Adding malware into different apps could be a business of a website owner letting him get more money. It’s worth being careful with all those download assistants since they often do lots of annoying things for example downloading malware, changing settings of your browser and so forth. Prime Updater belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove Prime Updater Easily
There are several ways to remove Prime Updater from the system. It is better to read the article till the end and choose the wanted way of removal. Speaking about the most effective and the fastest method of removal, so I should mention the software that will uninstall the unwanted program. As many specialists say, the best way is to download and run efficient Prime Updater Removal Tool. Removal application that was created especially for a single type of viruses is the most active. It is also possible to download any other antimalware that has Prime Updater in the base of viruses. The antivirus software that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will find and remove Prime Updater absolutely, you are welcome to install it clicking this download button.
- It removes Prime Updater right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Prime Updater removing
Step 1. Uninstall Prime Updater from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Prime Updater in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Prime Updater from your browser
Remove Prime Updater from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Prime Updater” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Prime Updater removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Prime Updater from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Prime Updater removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Prime Updater from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Prime Updater removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Prime Updater from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Prime Updater?
Here you can see the useful recommendations which would help you avoid installation of Prime Updater and issues with browser. Feel free to share those advice with your nearest and dearest just because they will certainly allow you to keep your computer secured from Prime Updater and other malware:
- Do not install software of dubious origins especially if you got them from the websites you don’t know. People quite often make the common mistake and just download the app they need. However, later this program turns out to be dangerous.
- Listen to your intuition! When a web page seems to be suspicious – for instance, it functions too slowly or it is full of colorful banners – it is better for you to close it. And remember to scan your computer for viruses afterwards!
- Be attentive during the the whole process of software installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all boxes that are not relevant for you and you do not want to install them.
- Even in case if you don’t remember having downloaded any software it would be smart to inspect your system for viruses and malicious software at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||59,8%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||88,2%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||31,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||32,6%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||89,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,2%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||1,2%|
How to fully remove Prime Updater
Spyhunter is an incredibly efficient malware eliminator that quickly deletes all kinds of malicious applications and even those which remain invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be helpful if you did not manage to remove Prime Updater yourself. It provides the best security to your system because it downloads regular updating of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall Prime Updater (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab