How to remove (uninstall) Privacysearch.link (removal guide) - tips from Averina.com
What Is Privacysearch.link?
Privacysearch.link is malicious adware which can cause harm to your computer. As adware is automatically installed it will change the home page in browser and add different ads to it. Virus elements are saved into the system registry so it’s not an easy thing to uninstall this application. Most users usually download such malicious software in the package with free software or with torrent files from the places they do not really know. Owners of websites sometimes try to do content monetization that way and embed malicious software to the installation file of a program that will be downloaded by users. A file downloader is a program that provides a user with the needed file, nevertheless it also installs different ad offers which are known to all users: bad software with irritating pop-up ads in a browser window, link redirections, applications that change browser starting page and so on. Not to exaggerate, Privacysearch.link is a realy malicious application.
How to remove Privacysearch.link Comfortably
There are several techniques to remove Privacysearch.link from your PC. You can examine the article till the end and choose the effective removal technique. If we speak about the most effective and the fastest method of removal, so I should notice the utilities that will help. As many specialists say, the best way is to install and launch efficient Privacysearch.link Removal Tool. Removal software that was released for a individual class of computer infections is the most effective. You can also download any other antimalware that has Privacysearch.link in the base of its signatures. The antivirus software that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall Privacysearch.link 100%, you are welcome to get it using this button.
- It removes Privacysearch.link right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Privacysearch.link removing
Step 1. Uninstall Privacysearch.link from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Privacysearch.link in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Privacysearch.link from your browser
Remove Privacysearch.link from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Privacysearch.link” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Privacysearch.link removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Privacysearch.link from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Privacysearch.link removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Privacysearch.link from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Privacysearch.link removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Privacysearch.link from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Privacysearch.link?
Below you can find some tips which would help you prevent Privacysearch.link installation and browser infection. Feel free to share our advice with your friends and family members as they will really help you keep your computer safe and protected from Privacysearch.link and other malware:
- Don’t install dubious programs especially if you found them from the websites you don’t know. People often make the same mistake and get the needed application. Unfortunately, later this program appears to be dangerous.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! When a web page looks suspicious – for example, it works slowly or it is literally made of colorful banners – we advise you to leave it immediately. And don’t forget to scan your PC for viruses afterwards!
- Stay attentive during the all software installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single checkbox. Untick all things which don’t look relevant for you and you don’t want to install them.
- Even if you don’t remember having downloaded any applications it would be smart to scan your system for viruses and malicious software once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||73,9%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||87,6%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||15,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||63,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||98,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||7,0%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,1%|
Complete removal of Privacysearch.link
Spyhunter is probably the most efficient malware eliminator which easily deletes all types of malware and even the apps which remain invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you do not how to delete Privacysearch.link manually as well. It guarantees the best protection to your PC because it gets daily upgrade of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall Privacysearch.link (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab