How to remove (uninstall) ProMediaConverter effectively - tips from Averina.com
What Is ProMediaConverter?
ProMediaConverter is malware often called adware. As adware is automatically installed it will change your browser home page and bring a lot of annoying ads to it. Virus components move to the registry and it is not an easy task to remove this app. People often download this malicious software with various free software or with torrent files from websites they do not really know. Owners of websites from time to time try to do content monetization that way by embedding malware into the installation file of an application that will be downloaded by visitors. We suggest that you not rely on download assistants too much – remember that they typically do a lot of really bad things – for instance, from changing a browser home page to downloading to your PC viruses and malware. ProMediaConverter belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove ProMediaConverter Simply
There are numerous methods to remove ProMediaConverter from your PC. It is better to look through the page till the end and perform the needed removal technique. If we speak about the most effective and the quickest technique of removal, so I should notice the software that will help. As many specialists say, the best way is to install and run effective ProMediaConverter Removal Tool. Removal software that was written especially for a individual type of viruses is the most active. You are welcome also to use any other antimalware that has ProMediaConverter in the base of viruses. The antimalware that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall ProMediaConverter absolutely, you can install it clicking this button.
- It removes ProMediaConverter right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual ProMediaConverter removing
Step 1. Uninstall ProMediaConverter from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain ProMediaConverter in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall ProMediaConverter from your browser
Remove ProMediaConverter from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “ProMediaConverter” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use ProMediaConverter removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall ProMediaConverter from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use ProMediaConverter removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall ProMediaConverter from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use ProMediaConverter removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall ProMediaConverter from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from ProMediaConverter?
Below you will find the useful recommendations that will help you prevent installation of ProMediaConverter and browser infection. Don’t hesitate to share those tips with your nearest and dearest just because they will certainly allow you to keep the computer protected from ProMediaConverter and other malware:
- Don’t install dubious programs especially if you got them on the web pages you do not know well. People often make the common mistake and download the needed application. However, later this downloaded program appears to be malicious.
- Consider your intuition! When a web page seems to be suspicious – for instance, it works too slowly or it is full of bright banners – we recommend you to leave it immediately. And remember to check your computer for viruses!
- Be attentive during the the whole process of software installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single checkbox. Untick all things which don’t look relevant and you don’t want to install them.
- Even in case if you do not recall downloading any applications it would make sense to scan your system for adware and viruses every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||62,4%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||87,6%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||42,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||32,6%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||82,8%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||7,8%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,6%|
Complete removal of ProMediaConverter
Spyhunter is the most effective eliminator of malware that quickly removes all types of malicious applications and even the programs remaining invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you failed to uninstall ProMediaConverter manually as well. It will provide the highest level of protection to your system because it gets daily updating of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall ProMediaConverter (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab