How to remove (uninstall) ProSpeedCheck ads - tips from Averina.com
What Is ProSpeedCheck?
ProSpeedCheck is malicious advertisement software which can be dangerous to your computer. After being installed this virus quickly changes the home page and generates popping up advertisement. Virus components are saved to the registry and it is not an easy thing to delete such an app. This malicious app is often downloaded with free programs, torrents, different patches for video games and any other free apps and files. Actually, it is a way to get more money for certain owners of websites – they merely add harmful apps into the file of installation and publish it. You are advised to be careful with different download assistants since pretty often they do countless annoying things for example downloading malicious software, changing browser settings and so forth. ProSpeedCheck belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove ProSpeedCheck Simply
There are a lot of ways to uninstall ProSpeedCheck from the computer. You are welcome to read the guide completely and choose the wanted way of removal. If we speak about the most effective and the promptest way of removal, so I should mention the utilities that will help. As many specialists say, the best way is to install and launch special ProSpeedCheck Removal Tool. Removal software that was released for a separate type of computer infections is the most effective. You are welcome also to run any other antimalware that has ProSpeedCheck in the base of viruses. The removal tool that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall ProSpeedCheck absolutely, you can install it using this button.
- It removes ProSpeedCheck right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual ProSpeedCheck removing
Step 1. Uninstall ProSpeedCheck from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain ProSpeedCheck in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall ProSpeedCheck from your browser
Remove ProSpeedCheck from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “ProSpeedCheck” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use ProSpeedCheck removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall ProSpeedCheck from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use ProSpeedCheck removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall ProSpeedCheck from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use ProSpeedCheck removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall ProSpeedCheck from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from ProSpeedCheck?
Below you can see some tips that would help you prevent installation of ProSpeedCheck and issues with browser. Don’t hesitate to send those tips with your nearest and dearest just because they will definitely allow you to keep your computer secured from ProSpeedCheck and other malware:
- Do not install dubious programs especially if you got them on the websites you do not know well. People quite often commit the same mistake and download the program they were looking for. Unfortunately, later this program turns out to be dangerous.
- Listen to your intuition! If a web page looks suspicious – for example, it works too slowly or it is literally made of colorful banners – it is better for you to leave it immediately. And remember to check your PC for viruses!
- Stay attentive during the entire process of software installation. Try not to miss a single window and a single radiobutton. Untick all things which are irrelevant for you and you don’t want to install them.
- And even in case if you do not recall having downloaded any software it would be reasonable to inspect your system for viruses once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||73,9%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||45,6%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||15,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||47,3%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||98,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,2%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,0%|
100% ProSpeedCheck Removal
Spyhunter is probably the most powerful malware eliminator which easily deletes all types of adware and malware including the programs remaining invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you failed to delete ProSpeedCheck manually as well. It guarantees the best protection to your PC because it gets regular upgrade of the signature base.
How to uninstall ProSpeedCheck (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab