How to remove (uninstall) Proxycheck.exe effectively - tips from Averina.com
What Is Proxycheck.exe?
Proxycheck.exe is malicious advertisement software that can infest your computer. As you let adware install it will set a new home page of the browser and annoy you with advertisement. Virus files move to the system registry and it turns out to be not an easy task to delete this app. A typical situation for obtaining virus to your computer is cases when you download a program or any other content from a torrents website or any other resource with free applications. Actually, it is another way to earn more money for certain website owners – they add dangerous software into the file of installation and publish it. A downloader is a program providing a user with the necessary file, nevertheless it also brings different offers that are known to users: unneeded software with irritating pop-up ads in the browser, link redirections, programs changing browser starting page and so on. Not to exaggerate, Proxycheck.exe is a realy malicious application.
How to remove Proxycheck.exe Simply
There are many ways to remove Proxycheck.exe from the computer. You are welcome to examine the article entirely and perform the wanted removal technique. Speaking about the most effective and the quickest way of removal, so I should say about the utilities that will solve the problem. According to my experience, it is better to install and use efficient Proxycheck.exe Removal Tool. Removal software that was written for a separate class of viruses is the most effective. It is also possible to install any other antivirus program that has Proxycheck.exe in the signature base. The antivirus software that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall Proxycheck.exe completely, you are welcome to download it clicking this button.
- It removes Proxycheck.exe right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Proxycheck.exe removing
Step 1. Uninstall Proxycheck.exe from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Proxycheck.exe in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Proxycheck.exe from your browser
Remove Proxycheck.exe from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Proxycheck.exe” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Proxycheck.exe removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Proxycheck.exe from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Proxycheck.exe removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Proxycheck.exe from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Proxycheck.exe removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Proxycheck.exe from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Proxycheck.exe?
Below you can find some recommendations that will help you avoid Proxycheck.exe installation and issues with browser. Feel free to send those tips with your nearest and dearest just because they will certainly allow you to keep the PC secured from Proxycheck.exe and any other malicious software:
- Do not install software of dubious origins especially if you got them from the websites you don’t know. People quite often commit the common mistake and get the program they were searching for. Unfortunately, later this program turns out to be malicious.
- Listen to your intuition! When a web page seems to be malicious – for example, it works slowly or there are too many colorful banners – we recommend you to leave it. And don’t forget to check your computer for viruses afterwards!
- Stay attentive during the the whole process of installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single window and a single checkbox. Untick all checkboxes that don’t seem relevant and you do not want to install.
- Even if you don’t remember downloading any software it would be reasonable to scan your computer for adware and viruses once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||91,4%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||19,8%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||31,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||47,3%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||95,8%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,8%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||9,1%|
Complete removal of Proxycheck.exe
Spyhunter is an incredibly powerful eliminator of malware that permanently removes all types of malware and even those which remain invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will help if you failed to uninstall Proxycheck.exe manually. It will provide the best security to your system thanks to daily updating of the signature base.
How to uninstall Proxycheck.exe (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab