How to remove (uninstall) PUP.Optional.WinYahoo ads - tips from Averina.com
What Is PUP.Optional.WinYahoo?
PUP.Optional.WinYahoo is a dangerous adware app. After installation process is over this virus immediately changes the home page and creates ads. It could be a serious challenge to fully delete this virus since its components and files are installed to the system registry. People usually download such harmful app in the package with free software or with torrents from sites they don’t know well. Website owners sometimes try to earn in such a way by embedding malicious software to the archive with a program downloaded by visitors. We recommend you not to count on downloaders too much – keep in mind that these apps typically do many really bad things – for instance, from setting a home page in your browser to infesting your system with adware, malware and even viruses. Not to exaggerate, PUP.Optional.WinYahoo is a realy malicious application.
How to remove PUP.Optional.WinYahoo Simply
There are several methods to uninstall PUP.Optional.WinYahoo from your system. You are welcome to read the guide entirely and use the wanted method. Speaking about the easiest and the quickest way of removal, so I should notice the utilities that will delete the unwanted software. As many specialists say, it is better to download and run efficient PUP.Optional.WinYahoo Removal Tool. Removal software that was written for a single type of viruses is the most efficient. It is also possible to use any other antimalware that has PUP.Optional.WinYahoo in the base of viruses. The antimalware that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will find and remove PUP.Optional.WinYahoo absolutely, you are welcome to install it clicking this button.
- It removes PUP.Optional.WinYahoo right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual PUP.Optional.WinYahoo removing
Step 1. Uninstall PUP.Optional.WinYahoo from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain PUP.Optional.WinYahoo in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall PUP.Optional.WinYahoo from your browser
Remove PUP.Optional.WinYahoo from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “PUP.Optional.WinYahoo” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use PUP.Optional.WinYahoo removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall PUP.Optional.WinYahoo from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use PUP.Optional.WinYahoo removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall PUP.Optional.WinYahoo from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use PUP.Optional.WinYahoo removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall PUP.Optional.WinYahoo from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from PUP.Optional.WinYahoo?
Below you will find some recommendations that will help you prevent PUP.Optional.WinYahoo installation and browser infection. Don’t hesitate to send our tips with your nearest and dearest just because they will really help you keep your PC protected from PUP.Optional.WinYahoo and other malware:
- Do not install dubious software especially if you found them from the websites you do not know well. People often commit the common mistake and just download the needed application. Unfortunately, eventually this downloaded program appears to be malicious.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! When a website seems to be malicious – for example, it functions too slowly or there are too many bright banners – we advise you to close it immediately. And don’t forget to scan your computer for viruses!
- Stay attentive during the the whole process of app installation. Try not to miss a single window and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all checkboxes that are not relevant for you and you do not want to install.
- And even in case if you do not remember downloading anything it would make sense to inspect your system for viruses and malicious software at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||98,6%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||39,5%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||31,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||65,4%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||99,2%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||7,8%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||9,1%|
Complete removal of PUP.Optional.WinYahoo
Spyhunter is probably the most efficient malware eliminator which permanently deletes all kinds of adware and malware and even the apps that are invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will help if you do not how to remove PUP.Optional.WinYahoo manually. It guarantees the best level protection to your system due to regular upgrade of the signature base.
How to uninstall PUP.Optional.WinYahoo (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab