How to remove (uninstall) Quick Speedup (removal guide) - tips from Averina.com
What Is Quick Speedup?
Quick Speedup is malicious software that belongs to adware. As adware is installed it will change your home page in browser and add lots of annoying ads to it. Virus files are saved into the system registry therefore it is not an easy thing to delete such an application. A typical example of getting virus to your PC is when you try to download a movie or other kind of content from torrents or any other resource offering free content. Frankly speaking, it is a way to earn more money for certain website owners – they embed malware into the file of installation and promote it. A downloader is an app providing a user with the necessary file, nevertheless it also brings different ad offers that are well-known to users: unneeded software with irritating advertisement popping up in the browser, link redirections, programs that change browser homepage etc. Not to exaggerate, Quick Speedup is a realy malicious application.
How to remove Quick Speedup Easily
There are many ways to uninstall Quick Speedup from your computer. It is better to look through the guide entirely and choose the needed way of removal. Speaking about the most effective and the fastest technique of removal, so I should say about the programs that will solve the problem. According to my experience, it is better to download and run special Quick Speedup Removal Tool. Removal application that was created for a single class of malware is the most efficient. You can also install any other antivirus tool that has Quick Speedup in the signature base. The removal tool that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will find and remove Quick Speedup completely, you are welcome to download it using this button.
- It removes Quick Speedup right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Quick Speedup removing
Step 1. Uninstall Quick Speedup from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Quick Speedup in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Quick Speedup from your browser
Remove Quick Speedup from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Quick Speedup” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Quick Speedup removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Quick Speedup from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Quick Speedup removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Quick Speedup from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Quick Speedup removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Quick Speedup from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Quick Speedup?
Below you will see some tips which would help you avoid installation of Quick Speedup and browser infection. Don’t hesitate to show those suggestions with your friends and family members as they will really help you keep your computer secured from Quick Speedup and any other malicious software:
- Don’t install dubious software especially if you got them on the websites you do not know well. People quite often make the same mistake and just download the needed application. However, eventually this downloaded program turns out to be malicious.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! When a web page looks malicious – for example, it works slowly or there are too many colorful banners – we advise you to leave it. And remember to scan your computer after that!
- Keep attention during the the whole process of software installation. Try not to miss a single window and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all boxes that don’t look relevant for you and you do not want to install.
- Even in case if you do not remember having downloaded any applications it would be smart to inspect your system for viruses and malicious software at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||91,4%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||88,2%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||62,5%|
|Free Antivirus removal||22,3%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||99,1%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,4%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,0%|
How to fully remove Quick Speedup
Spyhunter is the most effective malware eliminator which permanently deletes all kinds of malicious applications including the apps remaining invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will help if you failed to delete Quick Speedup manually as well. It guarantees the highest level of protection to your system thanks to daily updates of the base of signatures.
How to uninstall Quick Speedup (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab