How to remove (uninstall) ReadingFanatic effectively - tips from Averina.com
What Is ReadingFanatic?
ReadingFanatic is a harmful advertising application. As you install this malware it will change the home page in your browser and irritate you with advertisement. Virus components are saved to the system registry therefore it’s not easy to delete this app. A typical example of getting virus to your computer is when you download a program or any other content from from a new source or any other resource with free applications. Owners of websites from time to time attempt to earn that way by embedding malicious software to the installation file of a program that will be downloaded by visitors. A file downloader is an application that provides a user with the needed file, however it also brings various offers which are known to all users: bad software with irritating pop-up ads in a browser window, link redirections, programs setting a new homepage in the browser and so forth. By the way, ReadingFanatic is true malware.
How to remove ReadingFanatic Simply
There are numerous ways to remove ReadingFanatic from the computer. It is better to read the guide entirely and perform the effective removal technique. Speaking about the most effective and the quickest method of removal, so I should say about the software that will uninstall the unwanted software. According to my experience, the best way is to download and use efficient ReadingFanatic Removal Tool. Removal program that was released for a single kind of computer infections is the most active. You can also download any other antivirus program that has ReadingFanatic in the base of its signatures. The antimalware that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall ReadingFanatic completely, you can get it using this download button.
- It removes ReadingFanatic right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual ReadingFanatic removing
Step 1. Uninstall ReadingFanatic from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain ReadingFanatic in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall ReadingFanatic from your browser
Remove ReadingFanatic from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “ReadingFanatic” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use ReadingFanatic removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall ReadingFanatic from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use ReadingFanatic removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall ReadingFanatic from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use ReadingFanatic removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall ReadingFanatic from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from ReadingFanatic?
Here you can find some tips which will help you avoid installation of ReadingFanatic and browser infection. Feel free to share those tips with your friends and family members as they will definitely help you keep the computer safe and protected from ReadingFanatic and any other malicious software:
- Don’t install software of dubious origins especially if you found them from the web pages you don’t know. People quite often make the same mistake and get the program they were searching for. However, later this program appears to be dangerous.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! When a website looks suspicious – for instance, it functions too slowly or it is full of colorful banners – it is better for you to leave it. And don’t forget to check your computer for viruses!
- Stay attentive during the the whole process of software installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all boxes which are unneeded and you do not want to install.
- And even in case if you don’t remember having downloaded any applications it would make sense to inspect your system for adware and viruses once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||59,8%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||13,9%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||86,1%|
|Free Antivirus removal||79,2%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||95,8%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||7,0%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||1,2%|
Complete removal of ReadingFanatic
Spyhunter is probably the most efficient eliminator of malware which easily removes all kinds of malicious applications and even the apps remaining invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be helpful if you did not manage to delete ReadingFanatic manually. It guarantees the highest level of protection to your system because it gets regular updates of the signature base.
How to uninstall ReadingFanatic (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab