How to remove (uninstall) Scottomery.info ads - tips from Averina.com
What Is Scottomery.info?
Scottomery.info is malicious software belonging to advertising software. Once adware is automatically installed it will change the home page in browser and bring various annoying ads to it. Virus elements get into the registry so it turns out to be not an easy task to delete this app. Users usually download such malicious software in the package with free applications or with torrents from websites they do not really know. Frankly speaking, it is a way to earn more money for certain website owners – they embed dangerous software into the file of installation and publish it. We recommend you not to count on downloaders too much – remember that they typically do many really bad things – for instance, from changing a home page in your browser to downloading viruses and malware. By the way, Scottomery.info is true malware.
How to remove Scottomery.info Comfortably
There are several techniques to uninstall Scottomery.info from the system. It is better to read the page till the end and choose the effective method. If we speak about the easiest and the fastest technique of removal, so I should say about the utilities that will solve the problem. According to my experience, it is better to find and launch efficient Scottomery.info Removal Tool. Removal program that was created for a single type of malware is the most efficient. It is also possible to run any other antivirus software that has Scottomery.info in the base of viruses. The removal tool that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall Scottomery.info completely, you can get it clicking this download button.
- It removes Scottomery.info right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Scottomery.info removing
Step 1. Uninstall Scottomery.info from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Scottomery.info in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Scottomery.info from your browser
Remove Scottomery.info from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Scottomery.info” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Scottomery.info removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Scottomery.info from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Scottomery.info removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Scottomery.info from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Scottomery.info removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Scottomery.info from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Scottomery.info?
Below you can find the useful recommendations which would help you avoid installation of Scottomery.info and browser infection. Feel free to send those advice with your friends and family members since they will definitely allow you to keep your PC secured from Scottomery.info and any other malicious software:
- Do not install software of dubious origins especially if you found them from the websites you don’t know. People often commit the same mistake and just download the app they need. However, eventually this downloaded program appears to be malicious.
- Listen to your intuition! If a website looks suspicious – for instance, it works slowly or it is literally made of bright banners – we recommend you to leave it immediately. And don’t forget to check your computer after that!
- Be attentive during the the whole process of software installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single window and a single checkbox. Uncheck all checkboxes which are not relevant and you do not want to install them.
- And even if you do not recall having downloaded any software it would make sense to inspect your computer for viruses at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||62,4%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||33,8%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||42,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||42,8%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||91,0%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,4%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,9%|
How to fully remove Scottomery.info
Spyhunter is an incredibly efficient eliminator of malware which quickly deletes all types of malware including those that are invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be helpful if you did not manage to remove Scottomery.info yourself. It provides the best security to your system thanks to regular upgrade of the base of signatures.
How to uninstall Scottomery.info (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab