How to remove (uninstall) Search.alivesearch.com (removal guide) - tips from Averina.com
What Is Search.alivesearch.com?
Search.alivesearch.com is an advertising app which can be harmful to your computer. As adware is installed it will change the browser home page and add lots of ads to it. Virus elements move to the registry and it is not easy to delete such an app. A typical situation for obtaining virus to to the computer is cases when you try to download a program or anything else from from a new source or any other site with free applications. Frankly speaking, it is a way to earn money for certain owners of websites – they embed malware into the file of installation and publish it. We advise you not to count on download assistants too much – keep in mind that these apps often do lots of really bad things – for instance, from changing the browser home page to infesting your system with malware and viruses. By the way, Search.alivesearch.com is true malware.
How to remove Search.alivesearch.com Comfortably
There are several ways to uninstall Search.alivesearch.com from your computer. It is better to read the page till the end and choose the wanted method. Speaking about the most effective and the quickest method of removal, so I should notice the software that will uninstall the undesired adware. According to my experience, the best way is to download and use special Search.alivesearch.com Removal Tool. Removal software that was written especially for a single type of computer infections is the most active. You are welcome also to use any other antivirus tool that has Search.alivesearch.com in the signature base. The antimalware that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall Search.alivesearch.com completely, you are welcome to get it using this download button.
- It removes Search.alivesearch.com right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Search.alivesearch.com removing
Step 1. Uninstall Search.alivesearch.com from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Search.alivesearch.com in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Search.alivesearch.com from your browser
Remove Search.alivesearch.com from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Search.alivesearch.com” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Search.alivesearch.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Search.alivesearch.com from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Search.alivesearch.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Search.alivesearch.com from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Search.alivesearch.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Search.alivesearch.com from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Search.alivesearch.com?
Below you can see the useful recommendations that would help you avoid Search.alivesearch.com installation and browser infection. Don’t hesitate to share our suggestions with your nearest and dearest as they will definitely help you keep the computer protected from Search.alivesearch.com and any other malware:
- Do not install dubious programs especially if you got them on the websites you don’t know. People often commit the same mistake and get the app they need. Unfortunately, eventually this program turns out to be dangerous.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! If a web page seems to be malicious – for example, it functions slowly or it is literally made of bright banners – it is better for you to leave it. And don’t forget to check your PC for viruses!
- Keep attention during the all app installation. Try not to miss a single window and a single radiobutton. Untick all checkboxes that are not relevant for you and you don’t want to install them.
- And even if you do not remember downloading anything it would be smart to inspect your system for viruses and malicious software every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||62,4%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||88,2%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||63,1%|
|Free Antivirus removal||47,3%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||98,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,4%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,3%|
100% Search.alivesearch.com Removal
Spyhunter is an incredibly efficient malware eliminator that permanently removes all types of adware and malware including the apps which remain invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be helpful if you failed to remove Search.alivesearch.com manually. It provides the best safety of your computer thanks to daily updating of the signature base.
How to uninstall Search.alivesearch.com (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab