How to remove (uninstall) Search.excite.com effectively - tips from Averina.com
What Is Search.excite.com?
Search.excite.com is adware which can cause harm to your PC. Once adware is installed automatically it will change your home page in browser and bring lots of ads to it. Since this harmful app is kept in the registry it is not that easy to remove this adware on your PC. This software is typically downloaded together with some free programs, torrent files, unofficial patches for PC games and any other shareware files. Actually, it is another way to get more money for some website owners – they merely add dangerous software into the installation file and promote it. A file downloader is a program that provides a user with the sought file, but it also installs various ad offers which are well-known to any user: malware with irritating advertisement popping up in the browser, links with bad redirections, applications that change browser starting page and so forth. Search.excite.com belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove Search.excite.com Easily
There are numerous ways to uninstall Search.excite.com from the system. You are welcome to look through the article completely and choose the wanted method. If we speak about the facilest and the fastest way of removal, so I should say about the programs that will delete the undesired adware. According to my experience, it is better to install and launch special Search.excite.com Removal Tool. Removal application that was written especially for a single type of computer infections is the most active. You can also install any other antivirus software that has Search.excite.com in the base of viruses. The antivirus software that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall Search.excite.com absolutely, you can install it using this download button.
- It removes Search.excite.com right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Search.excite.com removing
Step 1. Uninstall Search.excite.com from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Search.excite.com in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Search.excite.com from your browser
Remove Search.excite.com from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Search.excite.com” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Search.excite.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Search.excite.com from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Search.excite.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Search.excite.com from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Search.excite.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Search.excite.com from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Search.excite.com?
Here you will see some useful recommendations which will help you prevent installation of Search.excite.com and issues with browser. Feel free to send those advice with your family and friends since they will really allow you to keep the computer secured from Search.excite.com and other malware:
- Don’t install software of dubious origins especially if you found them on the web pages you don’t know. People quite often commit the same mistake and get the program they were looking for. However, later this program appears to be malicious.
- Listen to your intuition! When a website seems to be suspicious – for instance, it works slowly or there are too many bright banners – we recommend you to close it immediately. And don’t forget to scan your computer for viruses!
- Stay attentive during the entire process of app installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single checkbox. Untick all checkboxes which are not relevant and you don’t want to install them.
- And even if you do not recall downloading any applications it would be reasonable to inspect your computer for viruses and malicious software at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||71,5%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||88,2%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||31,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||65,4%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||79,2%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||2,6%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,3%|
How to fully remove Search.excite.com
Spyhunter is the most efficient malware uninstaller which permanently removes all types of adware and malware including those remaining invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you did not remove Search.excite.com yourself. It provides the highest level of protection to your system thanks to daily updates of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall Search.excite.com (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab