How to remove (uninstall) Search.hometab.com ads - tips from Averina.com
What Is Search.hometab.com?
Search.hometab.com is a dangerous advertising application. As you agree to install this virus it will set another home page of your browser and drive you mad with ads. Since this malware is located in the registry it’s not that simple thing to remove this adware from your PC. People often get such malware with shareware applications or with torrent files from sites they are not sure about. Owners of websites from time to time attempt to earn that way by adding malware into the archive with a program downloaded by users. We advise you not to rely on download assistants too much – keep in mind that they usually do lots of unwanted things – for instance, from changing the browser home page to infesting your system with malware and viruses. By the way, Search.hometab.com is true malware.
How to remove Search.hometab.com Comfortably
There are a lot of methods to uninstall Search.hometab.com from your computer. You are welcome to read the page till the end and perform the effective removal technique. Speaking about the most effective and the quickest way of removal, so I should mention the software that will solve the problem. As many specialists say, the best way is to find and run effective Search.hometab.com Removal Tool. Removal application that was created for a individual kind of viruses is the most effective. You are welcome also to run any other antimalware that has Search.hometab.com in the signature base. The removal tool that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall Search.hometab.com completely, you are welcome to download it clicking this download button.
- It removes Search.hometab.com right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Search.hometab.com removing
Step 1. Uninstall Search.hometab.com from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Search.hometab.com in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Search.hometab.com from your browser
Remove Search.hometab.com from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Search.hometab.com” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Search.hometab.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Search.hometab.com from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Search.hometab.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Search.hometab.com from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Search.hometab.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Search.hometab.com from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Search.hometab.com?
Below you can find some recommendations which would help you avoid Search.hometab.com installation and issues with browser. Don’t hesitate to share those tips with your family and friends since they will definitely help you keep your PC protected from Search.hometab.com and other malicious software:
- Don’t install software of dubious origins especially if you got them from the websites you don’t know. People often commit the same mistake and get the program they were looking for. However, eventually this program turns out to be malicious.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! When a web page looks suspicious – for example, it functions too slowly or it is literally made of colorful banners – we recommend you to leave it immediately. And don’t forget to check your PC after that!
- Be attentive during the entire process of app installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single window and a single checkbox. Uncheck all checkboxes which are unneeded for you and you don’t want to install them.
- Even in case if you don’t remember downloading any applications it would be smart to scan your system for viruses and malicious software once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||98,6%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||13,9%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||63,1%|
|Free Antivirus removal||45,6%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||82,8%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||1,2%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||2,9%|
How to fully remove Search.hometab.com
Spyhunter is an incredibly efficient malware eliminator that easily and quickly removes all types of adware and malware and even those remaining invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be helpful if you did not uninstall Search.hometab.com manually as well. It provides the best safety of your PC thanks to daily updates of the signature base.
How to uninstall Search.hometab.com (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab