How to remove (uninstall) Search.myportal.us (removal guide) - tips from Averina.com
What Is Search.myportal.us?
Search.myportal.us is a dangerous adware app. As you agree to install this virus it will change the home page of your browser and irritate you with ads. It’s often a serious challenge to fully delete this virus because its files are installed to the registry. This software is typically downloaded together with some free apps, torrent files, different patches for computer games and other free apps and files. Actually, it is another way to earn more money for some of owners of websites – they merely add malware into the installation file and publish it. A file downloader is an app that provides a user with the sought file, however it also installs different offers that are well-known to users: bad software with irritating pop-up ads in the browser, links with bad redirections, programs that change browser starting page and so forth. By the way, Search.myportal.us is true malware.
How to remove Search.myportal.us Simply
There are many methods to remove Search.myportal.us from your system. You are welcome to examine the page entirely and choose the needed removal technique. If we speak about the facilest and the quickest method of removal, so I should say about the utilities that will solve the problem. According to my experience, it is better to download and launch efficient Search.myportal.us Removal Tool. Removal application that was written for a single type of viruses is the most efficient. You can also download any other antivirus program that has Search.myportal.us in the signature base. The removal tool that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will find and remove Search.myportal.us 100%, you are welcome to install it clicking this button.
- It removes Search.myportal.us right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Search.myportal.us removing
Step 1. Uninstall Search.myportal.us from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Search.myportal.us in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Search.myportal.us from your browser
Remove Search.myportal.us from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Search.myportal.us” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Search.myportal.us removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Search.myportal.us from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Search.myportal.us removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Search.myportal.us from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Search.myportal.us removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Search.myportal.us from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Search.myportal.us?
Below you can find the tips which will help you prevent installation of Search.myportal.us and issues with browser. Feel free to send those advice with your friends and family members as they will certainly allow you to keep your PC protected from Search.myportal.us and other malicious software:
- Don’t install dubious software especially if you found them from the websites you don’t know. People quite often commit the common mistake and download the program they were searching for. However, eventually this downloaded program turns out to be malicious.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! When a website seems to be malicious – for example, it functions too slowly or it is literally made of colorful banners – it is better for you to close it immediately. And don’t forget to scan your computer for viruses!
- Stay attentive during the all app installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single window and a single radiobutton. Untick all checkboxes that are not relevant for you and you don’t want to install.
- And even in case if you don’t remember having downloaded any applications it would be smart to scan your computer for viruses once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||59,8%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||19,8%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||13,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||47,3%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||99,2%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,2%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,9%|
How to fully remove Search.myportal.us
Spyhunter is probably the most effective malware uninstaller that easily and quickly deletes all kinds of adware and malware including the apps remaining invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will help if you did not remove Search.myportal.us manually as well. It will provide the highest level of security to your system because it downloads regular upgrade of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall Search.myportal.us (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab