How to remove (uninstall) Search.pikatika.com (removal guide) - tips from Averina.com
What Is Search.pikatika.com?
Search.pikatika.com is malicious software belonging to advertising software. As adware is installed it will change the browser home page and bring a lot of ads to it. Virus components move into the system registry thus it’s not an easy thing to delete this application. A habitual situation for downloading virus to your PC is when you download a song or other kind of content from a torrents website or any other resource offering free content. Adding dangerous programs into different software builds is probably a business the website owner runs helping him get more. It makes sense to be careful with various downloaders as they often do a lot of unneeded things like downloading malicious software, changing settings of your browser and so forth. By the way, Search.pikatika.com is true malware.
How to remove Search.pikatika.com Comfortably
There are a lot of techniques to uninstall Search.pikatika.com from your system. You can look through the page till the end and use the effective way of removal. Speaking about the most effective and the quickest way of removal, so I should notice the software that will help. As many specialists say, it is better to download and launch special Search.pikatika.com Removal Tool. Removal program that was written especially for a single class of malware is the most efficient. It is also possible to install any other antimalware that has Search.pikatika.com in the signature base. The removal tool that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall Search.pikatika.com completely, you are welcome to install it clicking this download button.
- It removes Search.pikatika.com right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Search.pikatika.com removing
Step 1. Uninstall Search.pikatika.com from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Search.pikatika.com in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Search.pikatika.com from your browser
Remove Search.pikatika.com from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Search.pikatika.com” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Search.pikatika.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Search.pikatika.com from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Search.pikatika.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Search.pikatika.com from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Search.pikatika.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Search.pikatika.com from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Search.pikatika.com?
Below you will see the tips which would help you prevent Search.pikatika.com installation and browser infection. Don’t hesitate to show our suggestions with your friends and family members as they will certainly help you keep the computer safe and protected from Search.pikatika.com and other malicious software:
- Don’t install software of dubious origins especially if you found them from the websites you do not know well. People quite often commit the same mistake and download the needed application. However, later this program appears to be dangerous.
- Listen to your intuition! If a web page looks malicious – for example, it functions slowly or there are too many bright banners – we recommend you to close it. And don’t forget to scan your computer for viruses!
- Be attentive during the all installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single window and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all things which are irrelevant and you do not want to install.
- And even in case if you don’t remember having downloaded any applications it would be reasonable to inspect your system for adware and viruses once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||76,5%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||87%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||62,5%|
|Free Antivirus removal||27,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||84,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||7,8%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||2,3%|
100% Search.pikatika.com Removal
Spyhunter is an incredibly effective malware eliminator that permanently removes all types of malware and even those remaining invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you did not manage to uninstall Search.pikatika.com yourself. It guarantees the best level safety of your system thanks to regular updates of the signature base.
How to uninstall Search.pikatika.com (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab