How to remove (uninstall) Search.safelysearch.net adware - tips from Averina.com
What Is Search.safelysearch.net ?
Search.safelysearch.net is a harmful advertising program. As you agree to install this virus it will change the home page in the browser and irritate you with ads. It’s often a serious challenge to entirely delete this virus as its components and files are stored in the system registry. Users often get this harmful app in the package with various free applications or with torrent files from the places they are not sure about. Embedding malicious software into different apps is probably a website owner’s business letting him earn more. A downloader is a program providing you with the necessary file, but it also installs various offers which are well-known to all users: malware with annoying pop-up ads in a browser window, redirected links, apps that change homepage in the browser and so on. Not to exaggerate, Search.safelysearch.net is a realy malicious application.
How to remove Search.safelysearch.net Simply
There are many ways to uninstall Search.safelysearch.net from your system. It is better to examine the article completely and use the effective removal technique. Speaking about the most effective and the promptest method of removal, so I should notice the programs that will delete the unwanted software. As many specialists say, it is better to download and run effective Search.safelysearch.net Removal Tool. Removal software that was created especially for a separate type of computer infections is the most active. It is also possible to run any other antimalware that has Search.safelysearch.net in the signature base. The removal tool that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall Search.safelysearch.net completely, you can download it using this download button.
- It removes Search.safelysearch.net right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Search.safelysearch.net removing
Step 1. Uninstall Search.safelysearch.net from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Search.safelysearch.net in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Search.safelysearch.net from your browser
Remove Search.safelysearch.net from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Search.safelysearch.net ” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Search.safelysearch.net removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Search.safelysearch.net from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Search.safelysearch.net removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Search.safelysearch.net from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Search.safelysearch.net removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Search.safelysearch.net from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Search.safelysearch.net ?
Below you can see the tips which would help you avoid installation of Search.safelysearch.net and browser infection. Feel free to send our tips with your family and friends since they will definitely help you keep the computer secured from Search.safelysearch.net and other malicious software:
- Don’t install dubious software especially if you found them on the web pages you do not know well. People often make the common mistake and just download the needed application. Unfortunately, later this program appears to be dangerous.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! If a website seems to be suspicious – for instance, it works slowly or it is literally made of colorful banners – we advise you to close it. And remember to scan your PC for viruses afterwards!
- Be attentive during the the whole process of app installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single radiobutton. Untick all checkboxes that don’t look relevant for you and you do not want to install them.
- Even if you do not recall downloading anything it would be smart to inspect your system for adware and viruses once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||71,5%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||56%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||52,3%|
|Free Antivirus removal||27,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||82,8%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||4,9%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||2,3%|
Complete removal of Search.safelysearch.net
Spyhunter is an incredibly efficient malware uninstaller which permanently removes all types of malware and even the programs that are invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will help if you failed to uninstall Search.safelysearch.net manually as well. It provides the best level safety of your PC because it downloads daily upgrade of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall Search.safelysearch.net (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab