How to remove (uninstall) Search.search-el.com effectively - tips from Averina.com
What Is Search.search-el.com?
Search.search-el.com is a harmful adware app. As you let adware install it will set a new home page of your browser and irritate you with ads. Virus files are saved into the system registry and it turns out to be not an easy task to remove such an application. A usual situation for downloading virus to your computer is cases when you try to download a movie or any other content from a torrents website or any other site offering free software. Frankly speaking, it is a way to earn money for certain owners of websites – they embed harmful apps into the build and promote it. A file downloader is an application that provides a user with the necessary file, however it also installs different offers which are well-known to users: malware with irritating ads popping up in a browser window, link redirections, apps setting a new homepage in the browser and so forth. Not to exaggerate, Search.search-el.com is a realy malicious application.
How to remove Search.search-el.com Easily
There are many methods to uninstall Search.search-el.com from the PC. You are welcome to examine the page till the end and choose the needed way of removal. Speaking about the easiest and the promptest method of removal, so I should notice the software that will uninstall the unwanted adware. According to my experience, the best way is to install and run special Search.search-el.com Removal Tool. Removal software that was created for a single class of computer infections is the most effective. It is also possible to use any other antivirus software that has Search.search-el.com in the signature base. The antivirus software that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall Search.search-el.com completely, you can install it clicking this download button.
- It removes Search.search-el.com right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Search.search-el.com removing
Step 1. Uninstall Search.search-el.com from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Search.search-el.com in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Search.search-el.com from your browser
Remove Search.search-el.com from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Search.search-el.com” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Search.search-el.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Search.search-el.com from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Search.search-el.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Search.search-el.com from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Search.search-el.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Search.search-el.com from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Search.search-el.com?
Below you will find some tips which would help you prevent installation of Search.search-el.com and browser infection. Feel free to send our suggestions with your family and friends since they will definitely allow you to keep your PC secured from Search.search-el.com and any other malicious software:
- Do not install dubious programs especially if you found them from the websites you do not know well. People quite often make the common mistake and just download the program they were looking for. Unfortunately, eventually this program appears to be malicious.
- Consider your intuition! When a web page looks malicious – for instance, it functions slowly or it is full of bright banners – it is better for you to leave it immediately. And don’t forget to check your PC for viruses afterwards!
- Stay attentive during the entire process of installation. Try not to miss a single line and a single checkbox. Uncheck all boxes that are not relevant and you do not want to install.
- And even in case if you do not recall having downloaded anything it would be reasonable to scan your system for viruses every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||66,2%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||87,6%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||62,5%|
|Free Antivirus removal||65,4%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||82,8%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||2,9%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||9,1%|
How to fully remove Search.search-el.com
Spyhunter is the most efficient eliminator of malware which easily removes all kinds of adware and malware including those which remain invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be helpful if you do not how to uninstall Search.search-el.com manually. It guarantees the best security to your computer due to daily updates of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall Search.search-el.com (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab