How to remove (uninstall) Search.searchcfn.com (removal guide) - tips from Averina.com
What Is Search.searchcfn.com?
Search.searchcfn.com is malicious advertisement software which can infest your PC. After installation process is over this virus immediately changes your home page and brings popping up advertisement. Virus files move into the registry so it’s not an easy thing to uninstall such an app. This malicious app is usually downloaded with some free software, torrent files, unofficial patches for video games and any other shareware apps and files. Embedding malicious software into any type of apps can be a business of a website owner allowing him to get more. A downloader is an app providing a user with the sought file, but it also brings various offers that are well-known to all users: bad software with irritating ads popping up in a browser window, link redirections, applications setting a new browser homepage and so on. By the way, Search.searchcfn.com is true malware.
How to remove Search.searchcfn.com Simply
There are many methods to uninstall Search.searchcfn.com from your computer. It is better to read the article till the end and choose the effective method. If we speak about the facilest and the fastest technique of removal, so I should notice the programs that will help. As many specialists say, it is better to download and run special Search.searchcfn.com Removal Tool. Removal program that was created especially for a single kind of viruses is the most effective. You are welcome also to run any other antivirus tool that has Search.searchcfn.com in the base of its signatures. The removal tool that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall Search.searchcfn.com completely, you can get it clicking this button.
- It removes Search.searchcfn.com right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Search.searchcfn.com removing
Step 1. Uninstall Search.searchcfn.com from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Search.searchcfn.com in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Search.searchcfn.com from your browser
Remove Search.searchcfn.com from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Search.searchcfn.com” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Search.searchcfn.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Search.searchcfn.com from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Search.searchcfn.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Search.searchcfn.com from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Search.searchcfn.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Search.searchcfn.com from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Search.searchcfn.com?
Below you will see some useful recommendations which will help you prevent Search.searchcfn.com installation and issues with browser. Feel free to share those advice with your friends and family members as they will certainly allow you to keep your computer secured from Search.searchcfn.com and other malicious software:
- Don’t install dubious programs especially if you found them on the web pages you don’t know. People quite often commit the common mistake and download the program they were looking for. Unfortunately, later this program appears to be dangerous.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! When a website seems to be suspicious – for example, it functions too slowly or it is literally made of colorful banners – it is better for you to close it immediately. And remember to scan your computer for viruses!
- Stay attentive during the entire process of software installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single radiobutton. Untick all things which are irrelevant and you do not want to install.
- And even if you do not recall having downloaded any software it would be reasonable to inspect your computer for adware and viruses at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||91,4%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||88,2%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||31,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||65,4%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||99,1%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||1,2%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,6%|
100% Search.searchcfn.com Removal
Spyhunter is the most powerful eliminator of malware that quickly removes all types of malicious applications including the apps remaining invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will help if you did not manage to remove Search.searchcfn.com manually as well. It provides the best security to your PC due to regular updates of the signature base.
How to uninstall Search.searchcfn.com (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab