How to remove (uninstall) Search.searchptp.com effectively - tips from Averina.com
What Is Search.searchptp.com?
Search.searchptp.com is malicious advertisement software which can infest your PC. As adware is installed automatically it will change your browser home page and add various ads to it. It’s a challenge to entirely remove this virus since its files are installed to the system registry. A usual situation for downloading virus to to the computer is cases when you try to download a song or anything else from a torrents website or any other resource offering free applications. Inserting malware into different software builds could be a website owner’s business helping him earn more. A downloader is an app that provides you with the sought file, but it also installs various ad offers which are known to users: malware with annoying ads popping up in the browser, link redirections, applications changing browser starting page etc. Not to exaggerate, Search.searchptp.com is a realy malicious application.
How to remove Search.searchptp.com Comfortably
There are several techniques to uninstall Search.searchptp.com from the computer. You can read the guide completely and use the effective method. Speaking about the most effective and the fastest method of removal, so I should notice the software that will solve the problem. According to my experience, it is better to download and launch special Search.searchptp.com Removal Tool. Removal software that was created for a single kind of malware is the most active. You are welcome also to install any other antivirus tool that has Search.searchptp.com in the signature base. The removal tool that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall Search.searchptp.com absolutely, you are welcome to install it using this download button.
- It removes Search.searchptp.com right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Search.searchptp.com removing
Step 1. Uninstall Search.searchptp.com from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Search.searchptp.com in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Search.searchptp.com from your browser
Remove Search.searchptp.com from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Search.searchptp.com” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Search.searchptp.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Search.searchptp.com from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Search.searchptp.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Search.searchptp.com from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Search.searchptp.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Search.searchptp.com from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Search.searchptp.com?
Here you can find some useful recommendations that will help you prevent Search.searchptp.com installation and browser infection. Don’t hesitate to show our tips with your friends and family members as they will definitely allow you to keep your computer safe and protected from Search.searchptp.com and any other malicious software:
- Do not install dubious software especially if you got them from the websites you do not know well. People quite often make the same mistake and download the program they were searching for. Unfortunately, eventually this program appears to be malicious.
- Listen to your intuition! When a web page looks malicious – for example, it functions slowly or it is literally made of bright banners – we recommend you to close it. And remember to check your PC for viruses afterwards!
- Stay attentive during the all software installation. Try not to miss a single line and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all checkboxes that are irrelevant and you do not want to install them.
- Even in case if you don’t remember downloading any applications it would make sense to scan your computer for adware and viruses once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||71,5%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||87,6%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||13,5%|
|Free Antivirus removal||79,2%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||98,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||4,9%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||1,2%|
100% Search.searchptp.com Removal
Spyhunter is the most powerful eliminator of malware which easily and quickly deletes all types of adware and malware including the programs remaining invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will help if you did not manage to uninstall Search.searchptp.com manually as well. It guarantees the highest level of protection to your computer because it downloads regular updates of the signature base.
How to uninstall Search.searchptp.com (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab