How to remove (uninstall) Search.searchtmp.com (removal guide) - tips from Averina.com
What Is Search.searchtmp.com?
Search.searchtmp.com is a harmful adware app. After installation this virus quickly changes the browser home page and brings ads. Virus files are saved to the registry and it appeares to be not an easy thing to remove this application. A usual example of obtaining virus to your computer is cases when you download a program or any other content from torrents or any other website offering free content. Website owners from time to time try to do content monetization in such a bad way by embedding malware into the installation file of an application that will be downloaded by visitors. A downloader is a program that provides you with the necessary file, however it also installs different offers that are known to any user: malware with annoying pop-up ads in a browser, links with bad redirections, apps that change browser starting page etc. Not to exaggerate, Search.searchtmp.com is a realy malicious application.
How to remove Search.searchtmp.com Simply
There are a lot of methods to uninstall Search.searchtmp.com from the computer. It is better to look through the page completely and use the effective method. Speaking about the facilest and the fastest way of removal, so I should say about the software that will uninstall the unwanted adware. As many specialists say, the best way is to download and use efficient Search.searchtmp.com Removal Tool. Removal program that was released for a individual kind of malware is the most efficient. You are welcome also to run any other antimalware that has Search.searchtmp.com in the signature base. The antivirus software that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall Search.searchtmp.com 100%, you can download it clicking this button.
- It removes Search.searchtmp.com right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Search.searchtmp.com removing
Step 1. Uninstall Search.searchtmp.com from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Search.searchtmp.com in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Search.searchtmp.com from your browser
Remove Search.searchtmp.com from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Search.searchtmp.com” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Search.searchtmp.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Search.searchtmp.com from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Search.searchtmp.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Search.searchtmp.com from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Search.searchtmp.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Search.searchtmp.com from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Search.searchtmp.com?
Below you will find the recommendations that will help you prevent installation of Search.searchtmp.com and browser infection. Feel free to show our advice with your friends and family members just because they will certainly help you keep your PC secured from Search.searchtmp.com and other malware:
- Don’t install dubious programs especially if you found them from the websites you do not know well. People quite often make the common mistake and get the program they were looking for. Unfortunately, eventually this program appears to be malicious.
- Consider your intuition! If a website looks suspicious – for example, it works too slowly or there are too many bright banners – we recommend you to close it. And remember to scan your computer for viruses!
- Be attentive during the entire process of software installation. Try not to miss a single line and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all checkboxes that are not relevant for you and you don’t want to install them.
- And even in case if you do not recall downloading any applications it would make sense to inspect your system for adware and viruses at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||66,2%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||39,5%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||31,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||42,8%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||98,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,4%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||1,2%|
Complete removal of Search.searchtmp.com
Spyhunter is an incredibly efficient malware uninstaller which permanently removes all kinds of malicious applications including the programs which remain invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be helpful if you do not how to remove Search.searchtmp.com manually as well. It will provide the best safety of your computer due to regular upgrade of the signature base.
How to uninstall Search.searchtmp.com (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab