How to remove (uninstall) Search.searchtmpn.com (removal guide) - tips from Averina.com
What Is Search.searchtmpn.com ?
Search.searchtmpn.com is adware which can infest your PC. As adware is automatically installed it will change your browser home page and add a lot of annoying ads to it. Virus components are saved to the system registry so it is not easy to remove such an app. Users typically download such malicious software with various free apps or with torrents from websites they don’t know well. Adding dangerous programs into different apps could be a business of a website owner helping him get more money. A file downloader is an app providing you with the necessary file, but it also brings different offers that are known to any user: malware with irritating pop-up ads in a browser window, redirected links, applications that change browser starting page etc. By the way, Search.searchtmpn.com is true malware.
How to remove Search.searchtmpn.com Simply
There are several ways to remove Search.searchtmpn.com from your computer. It is better to read the article till the end and perform the effective method. Speaking about the facilest and the quickest method of removal, so I should mention the utilities that will solve the problem. According to my experience, the best way is to install and run special Search.searchtmpn.com Removal Tool. Removal program that was released especially for a separate class of malware is the most effective. You are welcome also to install any other antimalware that has Search.searchtmpn.com in the signature base. The antivirus software that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall Search.searchtmpn.com absolutely, you are welcome to download it using this button.
- It removes Search.searchtmpn.com right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Search.searchtmpn.com removing
Step 1. Uninstall Search.searchtmpn.com from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Search.searchtmpn.com in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Search.searchtmpn.com from your browser
Remove Search.searchtmpn.com from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Search.searchtmpn.com ” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Search.searchtmpn.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Search.searchtmpn.com from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Search.searchtmpn.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Search.searchtmpn.com from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Search.searchtmpn.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Search.searchtmpn.com from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Search.searchtmpn.com ?
Here you can find some tips which will help you avoid installation of Search.searchtmpn.com and issues with browser. Feel free to send our tips with your nearest and dearest just because they will definitely allow you to keep the PC safe and protected from Search.searchtmpn.com and any other malicious software:
- Don’t install software of dubious origins especially if you found them on the websites you don’t know. People quite often commit the common mistake and just download the program they were searching for. However, eventually this program appears to be dangerous.
- Listen to your intuition! When a web page looks suspicious – for example, it works too slowly or it is literally made of colorful banners – we advise you to leave it. And don’t forget to check your PC after that!
- Stay attentive during the the whole process of app installation. Try not to miss a single window and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all things that are unneeded for you and you do not want to install them.
- Even if you do not recall downloading any applications it would make sense to inspect your computer for viruses at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||66,2%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||33,8%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||0,9%|
|Free Antivirus removal||27,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||89,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,2%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,9%|
Complete removal of Search.searchtmpn.com
Spyhunter is the most efficient eliminator of malware which easily and quickly deletes all types of malware including the programs that are invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be helpful if you did not manage to remove Search.searchtmpn.com manually. It provides the best safety of your computer thanks to regular updating of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall Search.searchtmpn.com (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab