How to remove (uninstall) Search.securysearch.com effectively - tips from Averina.com
What Is Search.securysearch.com?
Search.securysearch.com is a malicious app that belongs to advertising software. Once adware is installed it will change your browser home page and add lots of ads to it. As this malware is stored in the system registry it is not that easy to uninstall this adware from your computer. This malware is usually downloaded with some free software, torrent files, unofficial patches for video games and any other free files. Actually, it is another way to earn money for some owners of websites – they embed dangerous software into the installation file and publish it. A file downloader is an app that provides you with the needed file, nevertheless it also brings various ad offers that are known to any user: malware with annoying advertisement popping up in a browser window, links with bad redirections, applications changing browser homepage and so forth. Search.securysearch.com belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove Search.securysearch.com Easily
There are many methods to uninstall Search.securysearch.com from the computer. You are welcome to examine the page completely and choose the wanted removal technique. Speaking about the most effective and the quickest method of removal, so I should say about the utilities that will solve the problem. As many specialists say, it is better to download and run efficient Search.securysearch.com Removal Tool. Removal program that was created especially for a individual kind of malware is the most active. You can also use any other antivirus tool that has Search.securysearch.com in the signature base. The removal tool that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will find and remove Search.securysearch.com completely, you are welcome to get it using this button.
- It removes Search.securysearch.com right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Search.securysearch.com removing
Step 1. Uninstall Search.securysearch.com from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Search.securysearch.com in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Search.securysearch.com from your browser
Remove Search.securysearch.com from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Search.securysearch.com” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Search.securysearch.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Search.securysearch.com from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Search.securysearch.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Search.securysearch.com from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Search.securysearch.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Search.securysearch.com from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Search.securysearch.com?
Here you will find some tips which will help you prevent installation of Search.securysearch.com and issues with browser. Feel free to share our tips with your nearest and dearest just because they will definitely help you keep your PC safe and protected from Search.securysearch.com and other malicious software:
- Don’t install dubious programs especially if you found them on the web pages you don’t know. People quite often commit the same mistake and get the needed application. Unfortunately, later this program appears to be dangerous.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! When a website seems to be malicious – for instance, it works too slowly or it is full of colorful banners – it is better for you to close it immediately. And remember to check your computer for viruses!
- Stay attentive during the the whole process of app installation. Try not to miss a single line and a single radiobutton. Uncheck all checkboxes which are irrelevant and you don’t want to install.
- And even in case if you do not recall having downloaded any software it would be smart to inspect your system for viruses and malicious software once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||88,8%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||87,6%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||52,3%|
|Free Antivirus removal||52,6%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||99,1%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||6,2%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,9%|
100% Search.securysearch.com Removal
Spyhunter is an incredibly powerful malware eliminator that permanently removes all types of adware and malware and even those which remain invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be helpful if you do not how to remove Search.securysearch.com yourself. It provides the best security to your PC because it downloads daily updating of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall Search.securysearch.com (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab