How to remove (uninstall) Search2000.com effectively - tips from Averina.com
What Is Search2000.com?
Search2000.com is malicious advertisement software which can infest your computer. As adware is automatically installed it will set a new browser home page and add different annoying ads to it. Virus components are saved to the registry so it is not an easy task to remove this app. A habitual situation for obtaining virus to your computer is when you try to download a program or any other content from a torrents website or any other resource with free applications. Frankly speaking, it is another way to get more money for some owners of websites – they embed dangerous software into the installation file and promote it. We suggest that you not count on download assistants too much – remember that they usually do a lot of really bad things from replacing the home page of a browser to infesting your system with adware, malware and even viruses. By the way, Search2000.com is true malware.
How to remove Search2000.com Comfortably
There are a lot of techniques to uninstall Search2000.com from the computer. It is better to look through the guide till the end and use the effective way of removal. If we speak about the facilest and the fastest way of removal, so I should mention the utilities that will uninstall the unwanted adware. According to my experience, it is better to download and run special Search2000.com Removal Tool. Removal software that was released for a single kind of computer infections is the most active. You are welcome also to run any other antimalware that has Search2000.com in the base of its signatures. The antivirus software that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will find and uninstall Search2000.com completely, you are welcome to get it clicking this download button.
- It removes Search2000.com right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Search2000.com removing
Step 1. Uninstall Search2000.com from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Search2000.com in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Search2000.com from your browser
Remove Search2000.com from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Search2000.com” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Search2000.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Search2000.com from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Search2000.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Search2000.com from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Search2000.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Search2000.com from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Search2000.com?
Below you can find the tips which would help you prevent installation of Search2000.com and issues with browser. Feel free to share our suggestions with your family and friends since they will really allow you to keep your computer secured from Search2000.com and any other malware:
- Don’t install software of dubious origins especially if you found them on the web pages you don’t know. People often make the same mistake and download the program they were searching for. However, eventually this program turns out to be malicious.
- Listen to your intuition! If a website looks malicious – for instance, it functions slowly or there are too many colorful banners – we advise you to leave it. And don’t forget to scan your PC after that!
- Keep attention during the the whole process of installation. Try not to miss a single window and a single checkbox. Untick all boxes which are not relevant for you and you don’t want to install.
- And even in case if you do not remember downloading anything it would be reasonable to inspect your computer for adware and viruses once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||59,8%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||13,9%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||13,5%|
|Free Antivirus removal||79,2%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||81,5%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||4,4%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||9,1%|
How to fully remove Search2000.com
Spyhunter is the most effective malware eliminator that easily removes all kinds of malware and even the apps remaining invisible for your antivirus. Spyhunter will be helpful if you failed to uninstall Search2000.com yourself. It will provide the highest level of protection to your computer because it gets regular updates of the base of signatures.
How to uninstall Search2000.com (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab