How to remove (uninstall) Searchcactus.com easily - tips from Averina.com
What Is Searchcactus.com?
Searchcactus.com is malware that belongs to advertising software. As you install this malware it will set a new home page in the browser and irritate you with advertisement. It could be a challenge to entirely delete this virus since its components and files are stored in the registry. A habitual example of downloading virus to to the computer is when you download a program or any other content from from a new source or any other website offering free applications. Owners of websites may try to monetize content in such a way by adding malware into the archive with an app that is downloaded by visitors. A file downloader is an application that provides a user with the needed file, but it also installs various ad offers which are known to all users: bad software with irritating pop-up ads in a browser, links with bad redirections, applications setting a new browser homepage and so forth. Not to exaggerate, Searchcactus.com is a realy malicious application.
How to remove Searchcactus.com Comfortably
There are numerous methods to uninstall Searchcactus.com from the PC. You are welcome to look through the article completely and use the needed removal technique. Speaking about the facilest and the promptest method of removal, so I should notice the programs that will help. According to my experience, it is better to download and launch efficient Searchcactus.com Removal Tool. Removal program that was released for a individual class of viruses is the most active. You can also run any other antimalware that has Searchcactus.com in the base of viruses. The antimalware that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall Searchcactus.com absolutely, you are welcome to get it using this download button.
- It removes Searchcactus.com right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Searchcactus.com removing
Step 1. Uninstall Searchcactus.com from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Searchcactus.com in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Searchcactus.com from your browser
Remove Searchcactus.com from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Searchcactus.com” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Searchcactus.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Searchcactus.com from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Searchcactus.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Searchcactus.com from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Searchcactus.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Searchcactus.com from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Searchcactus.com?
Here you can see the tips which will help you avoid Searchcactus.com installation and browser infection. Feel free to share our tips with your nearest and dearest since they will really allow you to keep your PC protected from Searchcactus.com and any other malicious software:
- Don’t install dubious programs especially if you found them on the websites you don’t know. People quite often make the same mistake and get the app they need. However, eventually this downloaded program turns out to be malicious.
- Listen to your intuition! When a website looks suspicious – for instance, it works slowly or it is literally made of bright banners – it is better for you to leave it. And don’t forget to check your PC after that!
- Keep attention during the the whole process of installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single window and a single checkbox. Uncheck all things that are irrelevant and you don’t want to install.
- And even in case if you don’t remember having downloaded any applications it would be smart to scan your computer for adware and viruses at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||73,9%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||45,6%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||15,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||42,8%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||81,5%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||2,6%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||9,1%|
100% Searchcactus.com Removal
Spyhunter is the most effective eliminator of malware which quickly removes all kinds of malware including those that are invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will help if you did not manage to remove Searchcactus.com yourself. It guarantees the highest level of safety of your computer because it downloads regular upgrade of the base of signatures.
How to uninstall Searchcactus.com (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab