How to remove (uninstall) SearchMine.net effectively - tips from Averina.com
What Is SearchMine.net?
SearchMine.net is an advertising app that can be dangerous to your PC. As you let adware install it will set another home page of your browser and irritate you with ads. Virus components are saved into the registry and it appeares to be not an easy thing to remove this application. This malware is typically downloaded in the bunch with some free programs, torrents, different patches for computer games and other free apps and files. Adding malware into different builds is probably a business the website owner runs allowing him to earn more money. A downloader is a program that provides you with the sought file, but it also installs various ad offers which are known to all users: malware with irritating ads popping up in the browser, links with bad redirections, apps changing browser homepage etc. Not to exaggerate, SearchMine.net is a realy malicious application.
How to remove SearchMine.net Easily
There are a lot of techniques to uninstall SearchMine.net from the computer. You are welcome to read the page completely and perform the effective method. Speaking about the most effective and the promptest way of removal, so I should notice the programs that will delete the unwanted program. According to my experience, it is better to find and run efficient SearchMine.net Removal Tool. Removal program that was released for a individual class of viruses is the most active. You can also install any other antivirus program that has SearchMine.net in the base of viruses. The antimalware that I suggest you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and uninstall SearchMine.net 100%, you can install it using this button.
- It removes SearchMine.net right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual SearchMine.net removing
Step 1. Uninstall SearchMine.net from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain SearchMine.net in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall SearchMine.net from your browser
Remove SearchMine.net from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “SearchMine.net” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use SearchMine.net removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall SearchMine.net from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use SearchMine.net removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall SearchMine.net from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use SearchMine.net removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall SearchMine.net from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from SearchMine.net?
Here you will see the tips which would help you prevent installation of SearchMine.net and browser infection. Don’t hesitate to share our tips with your nearest and dearest as they will certainly help you keep the computer safe and protected from SearchMine.net and other malware:
- Do not install dubious software especially if you got them from the web pages you do not know well. People often make the common mistake and download the needed application. However, eventually this downloaded program turns out to be malicious.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! If a web page looks suspicious – for example, it works slowly or it is literally made of colorful banners – we advise you to close it. And don’t forget to check your PC after that!
- Stay attentive during the entire process of app installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single window and a single radiobutton. Untick all checkboxes which don’t seem relevant for you and you do not want to install them.
- And even in case if you do not recall downloading any applications it would be smart to inspect your system for viruses and malicious software at least once a week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||62,4%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||87,6%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||63,1%|
|Free Antivirus removal||42,8%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||95,8%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||4,9%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||1,2%|
100% SearchMine.net Removal
Spyhunter is an incredibly powerful malware eliminator which permanently removes all kinds of malicious applications including the programs remaining invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you did not manage to delete SearchMine.net manually as well. It will provide the best level security to your computer due to regular updates of the base of signatures.
How to uninstall SearchMine.net (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab