How to remove (uninstall) Searchtuner.com effectively - tips from Averina.com
What Is Searchtuner.com?
Searchtuner.com is malicious adware that can cause harm to your PC. Once adware is automatically installed it will set a new browser home page and add different ads to it. As this malicious app is located in the registry of your system it’s not that simple thing to remove this adware on your computer. A usual situation for getting virus to your computer is cases when you try to download a program or any other content from torrents or any other resource with free applications. Inserting dangerous programs into different apps could be a website owner’s business allowing him to get more money. A file downloader is an app providing you with the needed file, nevertheless it also installs various ad offers that are known to any user: unneeded software with irritating pop-up ads in the browser, links with bad redirections, applications setting a new homepage in the browser and so on. By the way, Searchtuner.com is true malware.
How to remove Searchtuner.com Simply
There are numerous methods to uninstall Searchtuner.com from the computer. You are welcome to look through the article entirely and choose the wanted removal technique. Speaking about the facilest and the promptest technique of removal, so I should mention the utilities that will help. According to my experience, the best way is to find and run efficient Searchtuner.com Removal Tool. Removal software that was released for a single type of viruses is the most efficient. You are welcome also to use any other antivirus tool that has Searchtuner.com in the signature base. The antimalware that I recommend you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and remove Searchtuner.com absolutely, you are welcome to download it using this button.
- It removes Searchtuner.com right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual Searchtuner.com removing
Step 1. Uninstall Searchtuner.com from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Searchtuner.com in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall Searchtuner.com from your browser
Remove Searchtuner.com from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Searchtuner.com” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use Searchtuner.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall Searchtuner.com from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use Searchtuner.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall Searchtuner.com from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use Searchtuner.com removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall Searchtuner.com from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from Searchtuner.com?
Below you will find the recommendations that will help you prevent installation of Searchtuner.com and issues with browser. Don’t hesitate to share those suggestions with your friends and family members as they will certainly help you keep the computer secured from Searchtuner.com and other malware:
- Don’t install dubious programs especially if you found them from the websites you do not know well. People quite often commit the common mistake and just download the needed application. However, later this downloaded program turns out to be dangerous.
- Don’t ignore your intuition! When a website looks suspicious – for example, it works too slowly or it is literally made of bright banners – we recommend you to leave it immediately. And remember to check your PC for viruses afterwards!
- Be attentive during the entire process of software installation. Try not to miss a single window and a single checkbox. Untick all boxes which don’t look relevant and you do not want to install them.
- Even in case if you do not recall downloading any applications it would be smart to inspect your computer for adware and viruses every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||72,2%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||39,5%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||31,8%|
|Free Antivirus removal||63,5%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||84,3%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||4,9%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,3%|
100% Searchtuner.com Removal
Spyhunter is an incredibly effective malware uninstaller which easily deletes all kinds of malware and even those which remain invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will help if you did not manage to uninstall Searchtuner.com manually as well. It will provide the best level protection to your PC thanks to regular updating of the signature base.
How to uninstall Searchtuner.com (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab