How to remove (uninstall) SearchYa adware - tips from Averina.com
What Is SearchYa?
SearchYa is malware belonging to adware. Once adware is installed automatically it will change the home page in browser and bring various ads to it. As this malware is located in the registry of your system it could be not that simple thing to uninstall this adware on your computer. This software is typically downloaded with some free programs, torrent files, different patches for video games and other shareware apps and files. Owners of websites from time to time try to monetize content in such a bad way by embedding malicious software into the installation file of a program downloaded by visitors. A file downloader is a program that provides a user with the sought file, nevertheless it also installs different offers that are well-known to all users: bad software with annoying advertisement popping up in the browser, links with bad redirections, apps changing browser starting page and so forth. SearchYa belongs to this kind of programs.
How to remove SearchYa Easily
There are many ways to uninstall SearchYa from your system. You are welcome to read the article completely and perform the needed removal technique. If we speak about the most effective and the promptest way of removal, so I should say about the programs that will solve the problem. As many specialists say, it is better to download and run special SearchYa Removal Tool. Removal program that was created for a single class of computer infections is the most effective. It is also possible to use any other antimalware that has SearchYa in the base of viruses. The antivirus software that I advise you (Spyhunter 4) will detect and remove SearchYa absolutely, you can get it clicking this download button.
- It removes SearchYa right now. Forever.
- This anti-malware software will protect your computer against future infections.
- It provides professional real-time protection from malware, adware, spyware and other viruses.
- 24/7 professional support
[Not a valid template]
Manual SearchYa removing
Step 1. Uninstall SearchYa from your computer. Manual for Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain SearchYa in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’ and remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
Step 2. Clean the registry
- Download adwcleaner free utility app and run it. It searches and removes all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If it is not, take Step 3.
Step 3. Uninstall SearchYa from your browser
Remove SearchYa from Google Chrome
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything going after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “SearchYa” in its name and remove it by clicking the Recycle Bin. Also remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, uncheck “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- If it didn’t work – use SearchYa removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Google Chrome faster.
Uninstall SearchYa from Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
If it didn’t work – use SearchYa removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Firefox faster.
Uninstall SearchYa from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet explorer shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window of the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
If it didn’t work – use SearchYa removal tool which will help you to solve this issue in Internet Explorer faster.
Uninstall SearchYa from Safari
- Right-click the safari shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Safari” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner and select Reset Safari.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
What should I do to protect my PC from SearchYa?
Below you can see the useful recommendations which will help you avoid installation of SearchYa and browser infection. Don’t hesitate to share those tips with your friends and family members as they will certainly allow you to keep your computer protected from SearchYa and any other malicious software:
- Don’t install software of dubious origins especially if you found them from the web pages you don’t know. People often commit the common mistake and download the needed application. Unfortunately, later this program appears to be malicious.
- Listen to your intuition! If a website looks malicious – for example, it functions too slowly or there are too many bright banners – it is better for you to leave it immediately. And remember to check your PC for viruses!
- Keep attention during the all app installation. Get sure you haven’t missed a single line and a single checkbox. Uncheck all boxes that are not relevant for you and you don’t want to install them.
- And even in case if you do not recall downloading any software it would be smart to inspect your computer for viruses every week.
|Method to uninstall||Price|
|Computer repair shop||$95-$140|
|Probability of Data theft||62,4%|
|Self-active Launch in OS||13,9%|
|Manual removal effectiveness||13,5%|
|Free Antivirus removal||52,6%|
|Paid Antivirus removal||99,2%|
|Infection Risk (USA)||7,0%|
|Risk of infection (Europe)||6,3%|
How to fully remove SearchYa
Spyhunter is an incredibly efficient malware uninstaller which easily and quickly deletes all kinds of adware and malware and even those which remain invisible for your antivirus software. Spyhunter will be irreplaceable if you did not manage to remove SearchYa manually as well. It will provide the best level security to your computer because it gets daily updates of the base of viruses.
How to uninstall SearchYa (video removal guide)
About Author: Material provided by: Averina lab